Sanny

Paella experiment

Did you grill that chicken before adding it to the pan?

I browned the chicken in a skillet. :oops:

I just did all the baking on the K. Enough to infuse it with a good smokiness.

What are those round green things? If those are peas will you pick them out whenever I come over for dinner?

No, you will have to eat your peas, or it's off to sleep without your supper.

Sorry, house rules.

:wink:

What are those round green things? If those are peas will you pick them out whenever I come over for dinner?

No, you will have to eat your peas, or it's off to sleep without your supper.

Sorry, house rules.

:wink:

I don't know what it is about having peas in my food. They practically add no taste or texture difference to anything I happen to get stuck with...but just seeing them there makes me want to pick them out. I can beat this aversion though...I'm bigger than a pea :lol:

I was talking about this pea-aversion at work one day (years ago) and a lady said her dog was the same way about peas :shock: She said she could dump a bunch of beef stew (or whatever) with gravy all in it, into his bowl and when she came back the bowl would be clean except for a pile of peas...he would not eat the peas, would push them to the side.

I wish I had that dog, we got a lot in common :roll:

Noses and seeing stuff

Always wondered that about a dog. There's the nose waaaay down there. And the eyes are waaaay up there. And the nose is between the eyes and the peas. Yet, there's a pile of peas in the bowl. Couldn't SEE the peas to push them aside, so musta nosed them aside. Once they're in the mouth, they're down to the tummy, so prolly never made it in there.

That's a dexterous nose. Very impressive. :)

Re: Noses and seeing stuff

Always wondered that about a dog. There's the nose waaaay down there. And the eyes are waaaay up there. And the nose is between the eyes and the peas. Yet, there's a pile of peas in the bowl. Couldn't SEE the peas to push them aside, so musta nosed them aside. Once they're in the mouth, they're down to the tummy, so prolly never made it in there.

You should see Chubby use his nose when he's burying something...he's good with that thing :shock: It's usually got the red clay on it cause he's got stuff buried all around.

I was playing catch with him, or rather, I throw the ball, he runs and gets it and runs from me until I can make him stop long enough to pry the ball from his clenched teeth and throw it again. Anyway, he ran after the ball down the driveway and stopped abruptly as he sniffed, then pawed some dirt outta the way and picked a treasure up and started eating it (or just knawing) while I got bored and gave up on the game of whatever-its-called.

Re: Noses and seeing stuff

You should see Chubby use his nose when he's burying something...he's good with that thing :shock: It's usually got the red clay on it cause he's got stuff buried all around.

I was playing catch with him, or rather, I throw the ball, he runs and gets it and runs from me until I can make him stop long enough to pry the ball from his clenched teeth and throw it again.

Hehe! Those rascilly dogs... The easiest way I have dealt with these rascals is to have a second ball to throw so they let go of the first one. But, as soon as I tought that I had outsmarted them, it dawned on me that I had been tricked into buying two toys instead of just one! :smt003

It would help if everyone could concentrate all their ESP thoughtwaves and focus them towards Burlington' date=' VT and say "Hire Susie!" 'Hire Susie!" She is on pins and needles waiting to hear from U of VT on a job. We have our fingers crossed![/quote']HIRE SUSIE!!! :smt024

And if they still don't listen? :smt062

And a last resort... :smt066

It would help if everyone could concentrate all their ESP thoughtwaves and focus them towards Burlington' date=' VT and say "Hire Susie!" 'Hire Susie!" She is on pins and needles waiting to hear from U of VT on a job. We have our fingers crossed![/quote']

Take em some que man...they'll hire her for sure. Course you may have to agree on a cook a week for awhile, but it'd be cheaper than continuing to pay for her living expenses :shock:

Grad school wow...what grade is that anyways :roll: