rbv

Recommendations for grout sealer

Dennis suggested I check with the members of the forum for what grout sealer to use on a KK. My KK is unsealed; and, as I live here in the cold and wet of western Pennsylvania I want to seal the grout. Your insights are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Recommendations for grout sealer

Dennis suggested I check with the members of the forum for what grout sealer to use on a KK. My KK is unsealed; and' date=' as I live here in the cold and wet of western Pennsylvania I want to seal the grout. Your insights are greatly appreciated. Thanks![/quote']

I won't be sealing mine because my porch is covered and I'm in SC which has a milder climate anyways.

But given all of the small tiles, I would use a spray on sealer...simply for the ease of use. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and you'll be able to find all you would ever need.

I havent sealed my grill - and dont even have a KK yet, but I concur with Curly. The spray on stuff in a can will make your job much easier.

I thought it was a gimmick, but my Mom used it on her entire house and it worked great. Water beads on it, and its easy to apply - spray on, wipe off the tiles. About $10 can - might take a little more than 1 can to cover your entire grill. Only problem was for venting the horrendous fumes :shock: but you're outside so you should be fine.

I used the can-o-sealer on my old grill. It was pretty easy, but after a while, I was less than enthusiastic with the results. I am thinking the temperatures maybe killed the sealing abilities as after using the grill, the beading effects were gone. I ended up getting the more expensive solvent based sealants (just don't use them while your grill is in use - duh).

-=Jasen=-

I used the can-o-sealer on my old grill. It was pretty easy, but after a while, I was less than enthusiastic with the results. I am thinking the temperatures maybe killed the sealing abilities as after using the grill, the beading effects were gone. I ended up getting the more expensive solvent based sealants (just don't use them while your grill is in use -

duh).

-=Jasen=-

PS - will be going with a Johnnyboy Jammy more than likey this time.

I doubt any of that stuff can stand the rigors of living outside with the solar rays and rain, sleet and snow. It was really meant for the less demanding applications...like in the house on your kitchen floor :shock:

If you want grout sealer to remain on your grout I'd say reapply at least yearly, no matter how much you spend on the sealer. :wink: