GSWHoops

Main grill

My main grill does not sit down evenly on the ledge inside the cooker. I can sit it down on one side, but then the other side is kind of propped up at a very slight angle against the side wall, maybe just under a half inch above the ledge. I just wanted to find out if this is normal. The food cooks fine.

Re: Main grill

My main grill does not sit down evenly on the ledge inside the cooker. I can sit it down on one side' date=' but then the other side is kind of propped up at a very slight angle against the side wall, maybe just under a half inch above the ledge. I just wanted to find out if this is normal. The food cooks fine.[/quote']

Sorry about that, last summer we had an employee who ingeniously (NOT) found he could whitewash the insides faster with a thicker mixture and putty knife, like plastering a house..

This turned out to be a nightmare as the 3/16" shelf for the grill which is cut at a 90º to the body gets filled.. This material is softer before cooking and can sometimes be scraped out/off with an old butterknife.

I'll email you a step by step pictorial that shows how to remove this excess material.

NOTE:

This problem is only present in my earlier cookers. i.e. Some of the ones that are now on sale. Definitely not a problem with current production.

Live and learn..

:wink::wink: