gerard

Guess this is where we introduce ourselves

Greetings.

I'm Gerard.

I've been using ceramic cookers for two decades but am a lousy cook compared to most of the folks that post on these forums. I mostly cook steaks, salmon, hamburgers, butts and ribs. I'm most proud of my ribs.... always served dry and always St. Louis cut - figure God created babybacks so folks with gas grills could claim to cook ribs too.

My first cooker was a clay egg and it's still in my driveway. I currently cook on two Primo Kamados with which I'm quite happy. I've also owned, been a huge fan of, and still miss my Mexi K7. I was one of the first owners of an RJ K7. I became caught up in the kult, became a true fanboi and a forum mouthpiece. But durability and customer service issues killed the allure and like all of the old timers I faded away. I'm now somber and cynical of all the manufacturers and their claims, including this one, though I certainly like what I've been reading.

I'll probably end up with one of these cookers in the next year. There's simply no substitue for the size and especially the dome height of a K7 when doing large amounts of meat low and slow. Maybe, after 10 years of no problems and of great customer service, I'll become a fanboi once again.

Come in from the cold.. It's warm in here..

Hello Gerard,

As a past member of the cult, I doubly welcome you

As I said before, everybody even LaserGeko would in theory be welcome here but he would not be able to rant, rave and insult people or other types of cookers here

Your Primos and BGEs are truly welcome here... Even the metal Weber boys are free to drop in... Did I say something blasphemous? is that ahh... sacrilegious?

All jokes aside.. Thank you for joining, I'm sure you have lots of valuable tricks up your sleeve as a veteran ceramic cooker.

Chickamauga, GA what a great name for a city.. The founding fathers must have been characters.. I can just hear them.. well ah... let's call it Chickamauga! We have a Cucamonga, CA but I think that it was named the same night after a few more drinks.. LOL

Once again welcome, I hope you visit often and look-forward to your posts..

:wink:

Best regards,

Dennis