GSWHoops

Thermometer

I just got my thermometer in the mail. It's a pretty snug fit in the thermometer hole. I crammed it in as best I could and it's sticking out about 5 inches or so. Is this the way it's supposed to be? If I keep smashing it down, will it fit in all the way? I stopped because I was worried about the stem breaking. Do I need to get some sort of a special drill bit to widen the thermometer hole?

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same experience as me

Hoops,

I think it's an 1/8" - if you have a masonry bit use it, otherwise just a standard 1/8" bit will do. Just drill it again. Mine was the same way, the coating on the inside of the lid gets into the hole and stops the probe from passing through. It's a 5 minute fix, including finding the tools and putting them back!

Cosmetic white alumina cement in your thermometer hole..

Last thing done before packing the cooker is a quick whitewash inside to cover the smoke test and workers dirty finger/hand prints.

That must be the culprit.

Thanks for the feedback.

Clean out and check out the thermometer hole..

One more thing to put on the checklist before they are packed up and sent off and away..

:wink::wink: