leejp

How many Cookers/Grills do you have?

I'm still waiting...

"sometime between 9 and 5" is a long time to sit and wait for a delivery of a ceramic cooker. Sigh. Would have been here yesterday, but shipping company thought they could use levitation to get a 500 lb pallet out of a delivery truck onto my driveway. Rather put out that "delivery to a residence" didn't include a loading dock. :::shrug:::

Oh well.

I dreamed about grilling a pork roast last night. What a lovely dream...

Sorry' date=' but that's exactly what I had in mind! Think I can convince the gentleman respectfully known as The Squeeze that Q is really health food? He has this THING about eating healthy. Like steamed chicken and broc. is really "chinese food." Feh! [/quote']

sanny, where have you been all my life??? seriously, tho, Q is health-ish... :wink: i mean, over long slow-cooking sessions, the fat drips away more than if you "crock-pot" some shoulder or ribs.

not to mention "low fat" options like boneless skinless chix breast (did some the other day, and WOW!), whole turkey breast, pork TENDERLOIN (like shish-kebab), HOT WINGS!!! (no frying).

check on the wings; every guy loves them! grill HOT like 500 til crisp and toss with hot sauce and butter (oooops! don't mention the butter...)

here's a healthy one that'll hook 'em! big baker potato slow smoked til soft! split open and add smoked sliced turkey or chicken breast (serve hot) with some good spicy BBQ sauce! then offer add ons like onion, jalapenos, LOW FAT sour cream, LOW FAT cheese, etc. you'll eventually get him to come around to the other stuff too!

Think I can convince the gentleman respectfully known as The Squeeze that Q is really health food? He has this THING about eating healthy. :roll: Like steamed chicken and broc. is really "chinese food." Feh! :wink:

Give him a week or two to come around...if not, throw him away and move to SC...we's all unedacated and don't care about heathy stuff...my purdy thangs gota bruther that's as handsome as she is purdy...I can hook ya'll up :shock:

BBQ veggies

Sanny...don't forget the BBQ'd asparagus and carrots I pm'd you about. Toss will olive oil and onion/garlic powder, grill on lower heat, Finish with light salt, toasted sesame seeds and drizzle balsamic vinegar. Allow veggies to get a little carmelized and the combination with the balsamic is great. I do not like raw carrots, but I love them grilled.

It's official...

I now have ONE cooker! :) Couldn't have gotten it out of the crate without Snookie, but he's a gem. I had to have a nap after getting the cooker into place!

Managed to start a fire in it (newspaper and BGE lump) and get the coals going. I have gas option, but forgot to get gas bottle. Now there are 2 butts in there, smoking happily over lump and Hawaiian guava wood. Just a chunk or two. Temp is steady at 200 for now. I could go higher, I suppose, but I'm pleased with myself to get the temp steady at that temp, so I'll leave it.

Maverick thermometer is keeping track for me. Ok, so I'm running outside every half hour or so, but I'm not opening the lid! :)

I have pics to post later. :D

What time do you think all us fellas (and gals) should appear behind the fence looking hungry? :shock:
Um... might be a couple hours! I was hoping I had until 6 for the 11 or so lbs of butt. BUT, it's at 170 internal now, after "only" 5 hours. I'm hoping this is the plateau... I had a bit of a runaway on the temp. It was happy at 200-250, just hangin out for hours, so I went to bed. Forgot to put the car in the drive, and checked the temp. UGH!! 300. Dial her down, boys!! Yes, I took another pic while I was there in the dark. (note to self: light in the back yard would be a good idea.)

But oooooh baby do they look good. I peeked. How better to lower the temp of the cooker, than to open it and let heat out, right? ;)

MMmmmmmm. I'm meeting Dad for coffee in the morning - he may get butt with his bagel!