Fish Taco

Somebody...help me with this guru port

I hate to admit it on such a "manly" forum...but, I read instructions. :oops: I mean, before I start drilling, banging or knocking out something I want to know what I'm doing...especially when I have $2k in it. :? Between the KK, the guru and the rotisserie...hardly a scrap of paper.

Okay, am I just supposed to knock out the "plug" in the guru port with a hammer and metal chisel? Is it going to come out clean...is the port lined with something? Or do I drill it out? If so, what size and type of bit? Do I need to seal the outside of the tube when I push it in the hole. What would I seal it with? Do you push it in until it is flush with the outside?

Since there are no instructions, I'm sure it's simple. Somebody, please give me some relief. :wink:

Re: Somebody...help me with this guru port

Okay, am I just supposed to knock out the "plug" in the guru port with a hammer and metal chisel? Is it going to come out clean...is the port lined with something? Or do I drill it out? If so, what size and type of bit? Do I need to seal the outside of the tube when I push it in the hole. What would I seal it with? Do you push it in until it is flush with the outside?

Since there are no instructions, I'm sure it's simple. Somebody, please give me some relief. :wink:

I put a screwdriver dead center (outside) and tapped it with a hammer. The plug imploded, it was grout outside and a lightweight material with a ball of paper inside. There is a stainless tube inside going through the body.

It was very easy..

:wink:

Re: Somebody...help me with this guru port

I hate to admit it on such a "manly" forum...but, I read instructions. :oops: I mean, before I start drilling, banging or knocking out something I want to know what I'm doing...especially when I have $2k in it. :? Between the KK, the guru and the rotisserie...hardly a scrap of paper.

Before you bust it out, do you have the Guru sleeve (it does not come with the Guru, it is an extra)? In not, wait till you get your Guru inducer sleeve and kill plug, then bust it out.

-=Jasen=-

Dennis is now putting a wad of paper in the hole and then filling the hole with the cement stuff, so the newer KK's are easier to deal with. I have one of the older ones, but it is still easy to do. Just knock it out with a screwdriver. There is a metal tube that extends through the wall and you need to make sure you get all the stuff off the tube. The inducer sleeve is a close fit. I had to file just a wee bit of the hole in the outside plate in order to insert the tube. Then it was fine. I'm working on a web page that will include the port installation. Maybe I should just do the port installation as a separate page....