Hi all!

I'm a new owner of a KK. I'm extremely happy with the product. I can't come up with the proper adjective to adequately explain how happy I am with the customer service. The only "bad" thing about the customer service is that it is spoiling me for any other company I have to deal with!

I'm in Tampa FL and more than willing to showcase my KK. Anybody stopping by would also get to see my Mexi-K #7 with cracks through the top and the bottom unit that is crumbling. Let me know with enough notice and any visitors can stay for some KK food (you bring the beer :lol: )

Soon, thanks to some custom work by Dennis's staff, my Mexi-K will have a flat top and will be a table top next to the functional KK. I'm hoping he finds a way to attach to the Mexi hinges so I can use it for lump storage.

Here's the short story - my Mexi-K dome crumbled. After 4 months I finally got that replaced (with me paying shipping both ways as they wanted to see the crumbled dome, pictures weren't sufficient). A year later, several cracks developed all the way thru such that smoke came out. Then the bottom began crumbling next to the hinge bolts. Six inches wide by 2 inches deep of concrete falling out. It took 6 months of emails (they never answered and never returned any of my calls, including a few pretending to be a new buyer wanting to place an order) and they FINALLY agreed to replace it. Then they said they would replace it when they could afford it. Of course I had to pay shipping. That was only going to be the top and bottom - but not base, not the hinges or bands. They couldn't even tell me if the bolt holes for the bands would line up with my bands. So I decided it would be better/smarter to spend MORE money with KK to get a better product with service than to pay shipping for a partially new Mexi-K and probably be facing the same problems again in a year.

KK has been a dream. The product has been a dream. I must say I love the one touch open feature. Providing the socket for the spring is a nice touch. So was including a small iron to take apart the crate. The little touchs are great and also add up to attention to detail.

That's the last of my Mexi bashing on the forum :evil: . If anyone wants more detail, I'll be glad to discuss off line. Will be glad to compare/contrast the products and/or service.

I look forward to lots of good cooks on my KK. Hope the recipe section of the forum takes off. Would also like to see pictures of other K's in their homes :D

Once my in laws leave from an extended visit, I hope to participate more actively here.

Kevin

It is just mind boggling the load of bull they give you at the Mexi-K place. Pictures weren't enough so you had to ship them the crubbled top for them to replace it.

That's like me saying, "I've seen pictures of your beautiful cooker, please ship me one so I can get a real eye ball on it and if I like it I'll buy it, if not you will have to ship it back to yourself"