DennisLinkletter

The Naked Whiz Review is up!

Here it is in black in white.. a review of a Komodo on TNW.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/productreviews ... ado/kk.htm

You'll be pleased to see that this trusted independent source has tested a Komodo and a Big Green egg side by side.

He found the Komodo to hold between 62-67% more heat than the Big Green Egg.

I can't imagine how this would not result in the food cooked in it not being significantly more moist.

I still recommend the BGE as a great, no frills, basic cooker.

As Komodos are in a different price point it's also not the most fair comparison.. You don't race Vespas against Ducatti's

But with a Komodo you do get what you pay for, the best ceramic type cooker on the market!

Hi Dennis,

Since I ordered my KK I have gone back to my initial ceramic research sites: BGE, Kamado and also looked at the link on the Nakedwhiz's site for the Grill Dome. I must say I'm very glad I found your site, the KK might be more expensive but you get value and quality for your money! Can't wait to cook and enjoy the great food that you can get using a ceramic cooker!

Keep up the great work (and keep those accessories and mods coming!)

I stand corrected: AND KK has a lively, informative, helpful forum community with some very active participants.

The BGE crowd have a good forum as well with lots of tips/info though structure is a bit lacking; just a pagelist of entries (I won't mention the "my-way-or-the-highway" site).