Firemonkey

The long wait begins...

I AM IN THE CHARCOAL BUSINESS...

Dennis, are you going to produce charcoal in commercial quantities?

I'm working with two graphic designers on the packaging right now.

A minimum of four different types charcoals will be exported.

As always, I have some new ideas for both charcoal and it's packaging that are original and innovative. My charcoal will be the same quality you have come to expect from Komodo.

If I can't do something better and have a plan how to be the best, I don't want to even start.

Ok, cat's out of the hat!

OK, now that the cat's out, give us details, price, weight per box, when you will have stock in CA etc.......:D:D

I was getting ready to order some extruded coconut from Mexi-K, but they won't have stock for 3-5 weeks yet. If you're on a similar timeframe I'd just as soon order from you.

Re: I AM IN THE CHARCOAL BUSINESS...

...Ok, cat's out of the hat!

YAY!! :smt041:smt038

How groovy is that? (Ok, so I took Mom to a Smothers Brothers perfornance last night, and I'm in a 60s frame of mind.) Where's your port of distribution, Dennis? I guess what I'm askin is how do I calculate shipping and delivery. Wheeee!

Wonderful to have quality lump available soon.

I do like the other manufacturer's extruded (mine did not arrive wet or furry), but as others have observed, it's hard to get. I keep feeling like I have to ration what I have.

.....3-5 weeks.....

What does that translate to in RJ weeks?

LOL :lol::lol:

Double or triple it I think....

Unfortunately right now with fuel prices, the cost of shipping is almost as much as the charcoal. Unless you want to buy 60 or more boxes. I have trouble storing 30 boxes, which last me over a year. Sharing works in theory but is a PITA in reality.

sharing

It's worked when I had a pallet delivered to my house, and everyone came and picked up his/her share. I threw a big tarp over it until they got there. :) Don't have to have everyone go to the terminal, although the trucking cost would be less, I guess. I got to meet fellow cookers.

:)

Re: I AM IN THE CHARCOAL BUSINESS...

Dennis, are you going to produce charcoal in commercial quantities?

I'm working with two graphic designers on the packaging right now.

A minimum of four different types charcoals will be exported.

As always, I have some new ideas for both charcoal and it's packaging that are original and innovative. My charcoal will be the same quality you have come to expect from Komodo.

If I can't do something better and have a plan how to be the best, I don't want to even start.

Ok, cat's out of the hat!

What are the odds (and relevant pricing) to get some charcoal included in my shipment to Oz?

Re: sharing

It's worked when I had a pallet delivered to my house, and everyone came and picked up his/her share. I threw a big tarp over it until they got there. :) Don't have to have everyone go to the terminal, although the trucking cost would be less, I guess. I got to meet fellow cookers.

:)

Yep, that'll work. Did you have to be home for everyone at different times as they picked it up? There seems to be no real easy way...unless it was when the state (or city) closed their doors and you were all outta work, thus the homebody :shock:

Fortunately I don't have as long a wait as you guys, since I'm getting this one out of stock. Soon to be painted black......

Black huh. Maybe ya'll could take a road trip up to Illinos and you and PorkChop could breed them babies. A litter of those cute little #3's would be easy to sell :roll:

Little KK #1's or #3's would be great :idea: ..... I have a black textured #1 Mexi-K.

I hate having to lift and lock the lid every time. I have to use a long glove to prevent scalding my arm with steam after shutting the top for the "dwell". :x:x

I tried to buy a #3 for 6 mths or so. They were quick to take my 50% deposit but that's about as far as it ever got. I did recoop my cash though :D