WoodieB

Soon, very soon!

Hi All!!

After reading everything I can find about "ceramic" cookers, lurking here for a week or so, and corresponding with Dennis a few times, I'm going to pull the trigger and order my new KK today or tomorrow. I was going to go for a top of the line built in gas grill like a Lynx, etc, then started checking out stuff about the BGE, which led me to the Mexi-K, etc. etc. I'm really impressed with the effort to address & improve the problems with the "other" cookers that Dennis has made, and it's obvious from the photo's that they are a work of art, so.......if things go right, this will be mine soon!

(16th photo from the top on the new inventory thread)

R2 Supreme PLUS OTB KKSPOTB281

JRE 40s 7 Drk Terra Blue, Terra Brown Grey

Just waiting to hear from Dennis for the payment details. This baby is in LA so the wait won't be too long. I was thinking about a Gen ll Ultimate, but just can't wait that long!

I'll post photo's as soon as it is in it's honored place on my patio.

Drunk J, your avatar looks familar. Are you on the MoreBeer forum as well? I have been there since the beginning as BengalBrewer, but haven't visited in a long time. Too busy, but still brewing.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, salivate over the photos, and await my new baby. I think maybe I'll be the first one in Utah!

Cheers,

Woodie B.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

Paul, as for getting it in place.......Well, at least I have pretty good access to my back yard/patio, but from the end of my driveway where I presume the lift gate truck will drop it off, it's up a fairly steep incline, then around the back of my house. After the driveway, it's pretty smooth, mulched landscaping. One of my good friends gave me a Radio Flyer red wagon for my 50th birthday recently, but I doubt it's up to the task of the 500 lb. or so, so I think I'll rent an appliance dolly with big wheels, or WAIT a Minute!! The company that delivered my hot tub had a giant wagon thingy with big wheels that easily rolled the 1000 lb. plus tub around the very same path that my soon to be happily chugging smoke KK cooker will travel. Maybe a promise of some authentic 'Q will persuade them to lend it to me. Once it's around there it's cake, as it's a concrete paver patio, so I can uncrate it at or very near it's final resting place. Let's see, a 500 lb. crated cooker, a wagon and a steep hill. Sounds like lot's of homebrew is called for, and I'm sure hilarity will ensue. Pics will be posted.

WB

Re: Soon, very soon!

Hi All!!

After reading everything I can find about "ceramic" cookers, lurking here for a week or so, and corresponding with Dennis a few times, I'm going to pull the trigger and order my new KK today or tomorrow. I was going to go for a top of the line built in gas grill like a Lynx, etc, then started checking out stuff about the BGE, which led me to the Mexi-K, etc. etc. I'm really impressed with the effort to address & improve the problems with the "other" cookers that Dennis has made, and it's obvious from the photo's that they are a work of art, so.......if things go right, this will be mine soon!

(16th photo from the top on the new inventory thread)

R2 Supreme PLUS OTB KKSPOTB281

JRE 40s 7 Drk Terra Blue, Terra Brown Grey

Just waiting to hear from Dennis for the payment details. This baby is in LA so the wait won't be too long. I was thinking about a Gen ll Ultimate, but just can't wait that long!

I'll post photo's as soon as it is in it's honored place on my patio.

Drunk J, your avatar looks familar. Are you on the MoreBeer forum as well? I have been there since the beginning as BengalBrewer, but haven't visited in a long time. Too busy, but still brewing.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, salivate over the photos, and await my new baby. I think maybe I'll be the first one in Utah!

Cheers,

Woodie B.

Hello! Welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting a new KK!

Hmm, not me on the morebeer forum, but since I am into beer and homebrewing, maybe I should check that out - thanks!

-=Jasen=-

Oh Yeah!

SWEEEETT!

OK, it's a done deal. PayPal just processed my payment, and Dennis has already taken my baby off of the inventory page, an R2 Supreme Plus, Dark Terra Blue, Terra Brown, Grey. What a quick response!

Now I just have to locate a source for good lump charcoal in Salt Lake, and wait for my Christmas in May!

DJ, looked at some of your brew pics. I'll have to post some of mine as well. Been brewing since about '82, use a 3 converted keg setup w/mag drive pump, immersion chiller, stainless conical fermenter, etc. I usually buy grain 300 lb. at a whack, whole hops from HopsDirect 10-20 lb. I've been lax and the only thing I have on tap at the moment is a Barley Wine, so I've got to get brewing and stock up my remaining dozen kegs for the 'Q parties to follow when my KK gets here. I grew up in Kentucky, with traditional hickory fired pit barbeques, and my little brother still runs a small one man sawmill cutting hickory, so I'll have to get some real Kentucky hickory to flavor my cooks with.

Pics will be posted when my baby arrives!!

WB