Curly

Welcome JDBower

Thanks! I'm still in the research phase (read: my wife has no idea how much these cost so there's a lot of convincing in my future :)) so there's nothing to show yet. Heck, I'm still mostly homeless (in the process of building a new house behind the existing one) so I don't have any place to put a cooker - but Sanny helped guide me as to how to solve that issue the right way! :wink:

construction mortgage...

Well, lesseeeee. I think this could qualify as "kitchen enhancement," right? So that would snuggle into the building loan quite nicely. Cost be damned! lol. Over a 30 year amortization, who'd notice a little expense like that, anyway?

:smt045

I never thought to pitch it as a kitchen expense before, that may work! Actually the breadmaker factor may win her over, and we just came back from Switzerland where she loved the brick oven pizza (next best thing to good old Jersey Pizza!).

What are we doing with the old house? Well, SOMETHING'S got to fuel the grill :twisted:

Interesting note, a quote tag apparently counts as an HTML link so I'm now in the suspected spammer bin. Wanna buy some cheap meds? :)

spammer

Hmmm. Cheap drugs from a notorious, temporarily blonde, twinky celebrity? Who is in or out of rehab, depending on the time of day? No thanks...

Do try using the pizza angle. It's reeeeeally good cooked in cooker. And so is the home made crusty bread. You'll see quite a few sourdough bread entries on these boards, as well as some really good pizza pics. That little bit of smokey flavor is wonderful in the bread or crust.

And you can fire it up hot, and not heat up the kitchen in summer, and still have wonderful fresh bread, rolls, pizza, whatever you want.

OH DROOOL!!!! :)

There was an article in the regional scurrilous rag (masquerading as a newspaper) featuring a local atty and his wife (quoted as wanting to go to Tuscany so she could go to Prada). They'd put howevermany tens of thousands into a wood fired terracotta oven in their kitchen. Takes all morning to heat to 700 degrees to cook supper, and will stay hot for days. Can only use it in the cooler months of the year, since it heats up the house. They showed pics of cornish hens and fresh bread cooked in it.

Well, seems to me there was nothin they did in there that my cooker couldn't do, and mine could do it all year round, and didn't take all day to heat! Ok, so it wasn't tens of many thousands of dollars. But I can live with the shame of that.

And if I went to Tuscany, it wouldn't be for the Prada, thanks for asking. :roll:

I'm afraid if I pitch the "we can cook all year round" issue it will come back to bite me as I'm huddled around the cooker in the winter time wishing for a little more radiant heat and cursing the efficiency of the thing.

I actually just got back from building the beginnings of my mini-patio. I've built a ~3'x3' wooden form and it's filled with WAAAY too little sand and gravel, but I knew I didn't have enough when I picked it up (I more wanted to see how much I'd need once the form was set into the ground with 1' deep stakes). I'll try to get some pictures up when I'm done - right now I'm pooped as winter gave spring a miss and went straight into summer (to paraphrase Monty Python).

You're getting rid of the poor dog in the lower right? He looks so sad! :lol:

And yes, a covered means of cooking outdoors is coming but I'll have to wait for the house to be built. In another forum Sanny rightfully objected to my suggestion that I may be able to get away with cooking on the shipping pallet for a few months so I decided to build a small patio just for the cooker. If I had bothered to calculate the amount of sand I'd need it would have been a job done in a few hours. :)

Thanks! I'm still in the research phase (read: my wife has no idea how much these cost so there's a lot of convincing in my future :)) so there's nothing to show yet.

Hi welcome to the forum.

The wife hurdle: been there done that, what got her over the line was:

- Pizza cooking

- Bread making

- Great chicken with the rotisserie

- Yummy Paella (have a look at the Whiz's beautiful recipe here: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm

- Oh yeah and I has to sign a statutory declaration to cook at least 3 times a week (not so bad using the KK I reckon).

Well' date=' I thought the recipe Majestic and I posted was yummy. So there. ;)[/quote']

I didn't mean yours was bad :oops: ...maybe it was all the Whiz's photo's that did it for me (I'm a sucker for good marketing). When I get my KK I will also prepare yours....

Just teasing, of course, Paul! :lol: Don't you KNOW? ALL of the recipes on the boards are good. Whizzy ones, and Sanny ones, and Majestic ones, and Deej ones, and Curly ones too! And PC and Fetzervalve...

Ok, maybe not the broiled bugs. One must draw the line. But Dennis has shown some beautiful lamb, and beef. So we'll count his, too.

:smt050 What a delightful place to play, this is.

You're getting rid of the poor dog in the lower right? He looks so sad! :lol:

No, I'm gonna have to keep Chubby, and he's kinda gaurding the cookers...he thinks the one on the right is his.

Sanny will need to invite you over for a ceramics demo...and the wife, of course. She's famous on her street for her bread :D, maybe other stuff too, but this is a bbq forum :oops:

One looks like a cooler (esky?) the other two/three are for charcoal storage?

Well, I'm not sure what an Eskie is, but they are all storage of some sort or other. One I keep my lump in, and I think the closest thing to the camera is a log that's on end. Funny, I don't remember that being there, and don't know where it may have gone :oops: