leejp

Mid Hudson Valley, NY (Dutchess County)

I'm located at the last stop on Metro North (NYC commuter railroad) whch is ~70 miles driving distance from Midtown Manhattan and work for the same small 3-letter technology company as the Naked Whiz.

Grill/Cooker bio/history

Sam's club Member's Mark Grill (2001-2003, sold)
Char-Broil Electric Water Smoker (2003, Deceased in a Car Accident in the Garage - foul play may have been involved).
Kamado #7 Cobalt Blue Mosaic with Side Tables and Propane option (November, 2003 - July 2005, sold)
Weber 22-1/2" Bar-B-Kettle
Weber 22-1/2" One-Touch Kettle
I bought the Weber Kettles' in May as a stopgap while waiting for my OTB Supreme. $25 for both + 2 bags of Kingsford (blech!) + 2 bottles of lighter fluid (2xBlech!) and 1 bag of hickory chips... absolutely could not pass this deal up. don't you just love craigslist?
OTB Supreme Cobalt Blue in Transit (ETA June 2005, I originally intended to replace the Sacramento K with a Mexi K when I stumbled onto the KomodoKamado via eBay, no contest... I had to have the OTB 22)

Favorite Charcoal

Humphrey Lump
Not that I've tried all that many but I've yet to come across better coals. High temps are not a problem and the burntime is great. At $10 for a 20# bag I've little motivation to experiment.

Favorite Grilled Dish

• Spicy Korean Pork... absolute swine nirvana!
Original requires Korean red pepper paste
Modifed

Favorite Barbecue Dish

• Brisket! - I'm still learning this one though (my ribs and butt I'm pretty much satisfied with)

Favorite Barbecue Joint

• Rudy's "Country Store" - just something right about barbecue at a gas station