Rojack

Packaging Suggestion

Dennis

I have previously worked in a situation where they had very delicate parts. We used an expandable foam to package them and it was extremely effective. I never heard of anything being broken using that foam. Although your product is bigger and heavier they have different density levels. You hook up a couple of tanks and the chemicals mix and you have a hose and nozzle that dispenses the foam which immediately expands and after a few minutes sets. I don!t know how anything protected by the foam would be damaged unless the whole thing was smashed. It would seem to be foolproof as they say. It would also be great if you had to ship out a firebox or something else. You put a piece of plastic in the box and add some foam and let it rise a little and put the part in and then cover it with plastic and add more foam on the top of it close up the box and you are all set. The foam is hot when dispensed. I think it would definitely be worth looking into if it was reasonably available to you.

Great Stuff

Rojack,

Sounds like Great Stuff. I've used it many times to plug holes and cracks in and around my log cabin. I know you are not talking about the little cans I buy but an industrial application of something similar.

Sounds like a fantastic idea for packing these beauties.

Re: Packaging Suggestion

Dennis

I have previously worked in a situation where they had very delicate parts. We used an expandable foam to package them and it was extremely effective. I never heard of anything being broken using that foam. Although your product is bigger and heavier they have different density levels. You hook up a couple of tanks and the chemicals mix and you have a hose and nozzle that dispenses the foam which immediately expands and after a few minutes sets. I don!t know how anything protected by the foam would be damaged unless the whole thing was smashed. It would seem to be foolproof as they say. It would also be great if you had to ship out a firebox or something else. You put a piece of plastic in the box and add some foam and let it rise a little and put the part in and then cover it with plastic and add more foam on the top of it close up the box and you are all set. The foam is hot when dispensed. I think it would definitely be worth looking into if it was reasonably available to you.

I think I've seen something like this at the UPS distro center. it was really cool. Basically they pulled a random length of plastic bag from this machine, once it was at length/size they wanted they would push a button, it would then seal the other end of the bag, insert the chemical in liquid form, then they would quickly pack my box with it, and VOILA...the foam expanded inside the trash bag to hug my part perfectly. Not sure the technical details, and i'm sure I have part of it wrong, but it's the general idea :)