DennisLinkletter

KOmodo Hardwood Lump Charcoal... Cat's out of the Bag!

Coppicing...had to google that word. I learned a new word. What kind of wood is it made out of? Wow, even the forum's spell check didn't know that word. Now I don't feel so bad! :smt087

Coppicing...had to google that word. I learned a new word. What kind of wood is it made out of? Wow' date=' even the forum's spell check didn't know that word. Now I don't feel so bad! :smt087[/quote']

Me too. hahaha Probably not a good sign when people have to google words placed on a bag of charcoal.

-=Jasen=-

I liked the word--coppicing. I wasn't sure of its meaning because I'd never heard it or read it before. It makes me more likely to buy as strange as that sounds especially the way it was used in context.

I'm sure there will be good value, but that don't mean cheap prices unfortunately. I'm a fan of the extruded coconut and wonder how it compares. The size of the lumps looks huge which is excellent.

Pricing please. :D

Dumb question--what is that black and white stick for (I assume it is supposed to be some type of size reference)? The can makes an excellent size comparison, btw. I was surprised how big the lump is. Makes my Royal Oak look teeny tiny.

Hey, I found a place here in Madison that sells Pocari Sweat. I'm off to get some and give it a try. I'll let you know how it is. :drinkers::smt078 I also found some Wicked charcoal for my pink grill if it ever gets here. It arrived in Mad-city @4:17 AM and they haven't sent it out yet. They are prbably cooking lunch on it as I type! :smt013 Here is a picture of my Grandson's reaction when I told him I was thinking of buying a BGE or mexi-K. Then he fell asleep.

100_1340_2_.jpg

Dumb question--what is that black and white stick for (I assume it is supposed to be some type of size reference)?

It does two things. One is it indicates any color shift due to the white balance settings of the camera (mostly useless when you're looking at black coal, but a white flower may look pink or blue if the white balance isn't set right :))

What most people use it for is a size reference. It looks like the squares are 1" assuming the can isn't really tiny and they're really 1cm squares...

When he gets older' date=' he'll realize he was wrong about the BGE.[/quote']

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhh :lol::lol::wink:

Here's the order of evolution of ceramic cookers (IMO, based on size/features/permformance):

1. Clay Kamado

2. BGE

3. Mexi-K

4. Komodo Kamado

I'm sure there are those who will disagree, again my opinion, having owned all four.

hahaha

i'm picturing container races from indonesia, ala "around the world in 80 days(?)"...

some sinister red-baron type twirling his mustache v. snoopy (the kk container obvo!) and woodstock! which coal captain (and, not only do i refuse to use the "k" for "c", but a "kk" is RIGHT out!) gets their delivery first will also win bragging rights for their team!

this is gonna be interesting :twisted:

Re: hahaha

i'm picturing container races from indonesia, ala "around the world in 80 days(?)"...

some sinister red-baron type twirling his mustache v. snoopy (the kk container obvo!) and woodstock! which coal captain (and, not only do i refuse to use the "k" for "c", but a "kk" is RIGHT out!) gets their delivery first will also win bragging rights for their team!

this is gonna be interesting :twisted:

Back away from the can of sweat PC.....really - hahahaha! I didn't realize it was an hallucinogen too!

-=Jasen=-

Re: hahaha

Back away from the can of sweat PC.....really - hahahaha! I didn't realize it was an hallucinogen too!

i don't drink canned sweat dude; that's like germany importing budweiser or coors. in other words, i have my own vintage on tap; mind the hairs... :smt078

Dumb question--what is that black and white stick for (I assume it is supposed to be some type of size reference)?

It does two things. One is it indicates any color shift due to the white balance settings of the camera (mostly useless when you're looking at black coal, but a white flower may look pink or blue if the white balance isn't set right :))

What most people use it for is a size reference. It looks like the squares are 1" assuming the can isn't really tiny and they're really 1cm squares...

Thanks. I'm glad I asked. 8)

Paul' date=' really Dennis is just using the squares because he sees them in my reviews. He doesn't have a clue what they are for.... :lol::lol::lol:[/quote']

That sounds like something I would do. :oops: I've visited your site in the past and didn't remember seeing the squares. It just seemed strange for some odd reason to be reading charcoal reviews. Even stranger was giving my 2 cents about charcoal.

What next reading reviews about wood fuel? :) I like Lychee wood and Avocado wood, btw. Too afraid to try Mango wood. The wood came courtesy of different hurricanes whailing (sp?) on my fruit trees.