U2PLT

Thermometer

Notified Dennis of Friday that I was missing the Thermometer. It arrived on

Wednesday, what service. I previously had to wait for months for missing or needed items from you know who. In addtion the KK Thermometer is top of the line with 1% precision, what a deal.....

I emailed Dennis on 6/11 and suggested he ship my thermometer out since my BBQ is due into LA on July 1. I was very surprised that it arrived 6/14 (possibly the day before) in a expedited UPS box.

Dennis...that was such a great rush job on the thermometer (certainly not expected, but thanks to you and TC)....can you pull that off on the BBQ? Maybe tell that ship to speed up a little? :lol::lol: And don't forget to tell those union port guys to pick up the pace a little too! :shock::lol:

Speaking of thermometers, I was making PC burgers last night and was using my Guru set at 250 as his recipe calls for. It shut off at 250 but the TelTru thermometer said it was 300 degrees. Which one do I believe? :smt102 By the way PC, those burger are the bomb!! :smt073

Were you cooking direct (no deflector)? In that case there is almost always a difference in the readings. You can also get some influence from cold meat near the grill probe..... Do the boil test as suggested to get an idea of the accuracy relative to each other.

When I use the Guru I only look at the dome gauge because I can see it from a distance - I don't pay much attention to the number just watching for the needle to be in nearly the same position.