ThreeDJ16

Stealth Ninja is finally home!

Well, I stopped for a few minutes to come upload a few photos! Man, this Gen II is a beautiful grill! As soon as my silicone dries on the Guru inducer sleeve, it will be time for the first cook - got a pork shoulder waiting!

-=Jasen=-

Well, it is no SO-CAL Cooker's backyard, but I'm happy with it as long as there is a KK in it!!

dscn1061mediumca1.jpg

dscn1062mediumwc1.jpg

dscn1063mediumvq5.jpg

dscn1064mediumpb3.jpg

dscn1067mediumbi4.jpg

dscn1079mediumch2.jpg

dscn1076mediumdm6.jpg

dscn1071mediumxi4.jpg

dscn1070mediumtd4.jpg

Port installed and waiting to dry for the first cook!

dscn1081mediumwi3.jpg

Pics of the gas attachment coming shortly, I have not finished installing it yet.

Few More Pics

Well, first impressions here are......Wow, this is one hell of a beast! Everything is solid, built like a tank. Then you start checking out the fit and finish to see not only is it solid, but it is tight as a drum. I mean tiles are perfect, metal work is tight fitting and beautifully put together. Love the new lip design and it fits like a glove. The top hat damper also has a couple new things (or at least I never noticed before). Not only is the gasket recessed into the dome to have a more flush fit, the entire top hat also has a recessed area so it fits over the dome opening instead of just flat against it (very cool looking).

Ok, I am sure there will be more rants later, but here are some more pics.

-=Jasen=-

My valve setup!

dscn1083mediumdl2.jpg

dscn1085mediumfv4.jpg

First load of charcoal! Still need one or two more hours for the silicone on the Guru tube to cure before firing this baby up!

dscn1086mediumcc2.jpg

Homemade silicone plug for polder port. Tight as a glove (thanks for that measurement Fetzervalve, a few months back)!

dscn1090mediumku7.jpg

Guru sleeve

how about a couple more pics of your guru setup? Yous cleeve is flush with the grill, is that its final resting place? Im curious as the other pics i have seen show the longer tube, and other discuss cutting it shorter.

I am considering the options while I consider buying a Guru or Stoker. Dennis, you have any plans to get into the temp controller business? I think shotgun Fred may have went to the Johnson school of customer service, from what I have seen on their forum?

Re: Guru sleeve

how about a couple more pics of your guru setup? Yous cleeve is flush with the grill, is that its final resting place? Im curious as the other pics i have seen show the linger tube, and other discuss cutting it shorter.

I am considering the options while I consider buying a Guru or Stoker. Dennis, you have any plans to get into the temp controller business? I think shotgun fred may have went to the Johnson school of customer service, from what I have seen on their forum?

Damn dude, hittin' the bottle early again today eh? hehe I put on the drunk translator and ciphered out your message...I think...hehe.

Anyway, I used the short inducer sleeve (not the bulkhead). You have to call and order as it is not listed on their web store. Mine was actually a piece I had left over from the POSK since the sleeves kept falling out of it. Yes it is flush, which I why I went this route as I wanted it completely flush. After tonight cook, I will hit the outside edge with a tiny bit of silicone to make it look better (I could not silicone the outside edge today as it kept pushing in since it was not set yet).

On the Guru forum thing, I believe they are turning it around finally. I still help admin over their, but bashed them pretty hard a few months back for their lack of forum support. We will see. I will post some pics of my Guru in action, but remember I added on the lid open timer, so it is larger than a stock one (works great I might add).

-=Jasen=-

Re: It's a Masterpiece!

:smt020 Enjoyed all the pics!

The yard looks great too. Looks like you prepared it special for the delivery! Were is the still!! :shock:

Thx!

Hard to believe, but the still (aka brewery - hehe) is tucked away in that little shed you see in one of the pics. Along with all my welding equipment and every other tool I own (a bunch). I have gotten to the point now where I can no longer work in the shed because I have too much stuff in it......time to move so I can have more room for my stuff!

-=Jasen=-

Guru Port / Guru

Ok Firemonkey, here are a couple more shots with the Guru port and the ProCom installed.

-=Jasen=-

dscn1105mediumdk9.jpg

dscn1101mediumlr8.jpg

dscn1104mediumtm2.jpg

dscn1103mediumqg0.jpg

Tilt switch for lid timer!

dscn1094mediumkk6.jpg

Firing up the burner!! Yeah, some small lump pieces fell through the basket...I'll clean it some other time..hehe.

dscn1098mediumge4.jpg

First smoke! No food in it yet, but just about too! Guru condom in place as it looks like rain.

dscn1100mediumal1.jpg

Congrats, DJ! Pictures worthy of a fellow Nikonian, although we'll have to get you a tripod for that gas burner shot ;) I love the stealth ninja look.

Now it's all I can do to be patient enough to wait for mine. I wonder how much FedEx would charge for overnight service from the factory for something like this...

Congrats, DJ! Pictures worthy of a fellow Nikonian, although we'll have to get you a tripod for that gas burner shot ;) I love the stealth ninja look.

Now it's all I can do to be patient enough to wait for mine. I wonder how much FedEx would charge for overnight service from the factory for something like this...

Thx!

Actually is a Nikon, but a cheap (er rather old and now cheap or obsolete, Coolpix 3100). Hehe, yeah I tried winging it on the burner shot....rock steady hands huh...hehe. I am going to try the burner shot again now that it is night and see if I can do a better job.

Well, look at your wait this way; I waited for an entire year, at least you don't have that long - hehe. It will be there before you know it (maybe that happened with me because I was out with back surgery and drugged outta my gourd - either way - hehe)!

-=Jasen=-

That's OK, the longer I wait the more refinements Dennis will make :)

If it makes you feel any better, you had to shoot at 0.25 second because of the low light and the rule of thumb says that anything over 0.025s or so is too long to handhold. Not bad for 10 times the recommended shutter speed. (I have spies that told me about your picture details :))

Damn dude' date=' hittin' the bottle early again today eh? hehe I put on the drunk translator and ciphered out your message...I think...hehe. [/quote']

Well, with a name like Drunk_J, you probably have one of the best!

I havent had any adult beverages today...maybe my brain is reeling from my long weekend binge...errr...vacation? Actually, I typed that a on my laptop in direct sunlight, which meant I could see NOTHING on the screen.

So your guru tube is the one intended for metal smokers, and that means it doesnt go all the way through the hole? The guru itself slips inside of the tube when you mount it?

So your guru tube is the one intended for metal smokers, and that means it doesnt go all the way through the hole? The guru itself slips inside of the tube when you mount it?

Actually, this is just stock inducer tube (I guess before they place it on an adapter). The one for metal smokers is a bulkhead (that is a long one). No, it does not completely go through the hole (maybe 2 or so inches - I think there is a measurement and pics around here somewhere). But it does not need to go all the way through as the Guru fan adapter barely sticks in an inch...so more than enough fit. No slop, no movement, no excess to screw with (only downside is silicone which is not big deal to me... auto parts store high temp silicone....just have lots of paper towel handy and leave it the hell alone once it is straight till it sets....you can clean up later if need be).

-=Jasen=-

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.