ThreeDJ16

Stealth Ninja is finally home!

Re: Few More Pics

Homemade silicone plug for polder port. Tight as a glove (thanks for that measurement Fetzervalve, a few months back)!

dscn1090mediumku7.jpg

My pleasure Sir. You did make one for me.... didn't you? Perhaps you could start production.

BTW, when you take pictures of your grille in place, mix it up some, take few angle etc., it makes it more interesting! hehee :D Welcome to the jungle!

Re: Few More Pics

BTW, when you take pictures of your grille in place, mix it up some, take few angle etc., it makes it more interesting!

Hmm, your browser not working correctly? As this thread shows the grill at almost every angle but from behind (since there is a big brick wall there)! :eek:

Oh yeah, I did actually make 3 molds (just drilled a couple pieces of teflon 2" thick and countersunk to provide a shoulder for the plug). I had thought about making them for the folks that want them. Problem is, the silicone I am using now is standard high temp black silicone like you get in the auto parts store. It is extremely slow curing when there are portions that are not completely exposed to air that are thicker than a 1/4" (weeks). What I need is a molding silicone that cures when mixed with a curing agent. But, I have not found any locally and since I have one made, not like I am in a hurry to buy the stuff online (unless of course there was a demand for it???).

-=Jasen=-

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.