Fetzervalve

What's on the Grill this weekend Pt 3

Well' date=' there is a George Forman Forum, maybe you need to head on over there buddy[/quote']

That's cold, man! The Weber Kettle was an option, but it's a lot of work to fill the chimney and burn a big chunk of my remaining Kingsford for just one burger (plus the threatening rain was a deciding factor). Maybe I'll practice on some of the Cowboy Lump from Lowes in the Weber so I don't feel bad about using up the last briquettes I'll ever buy :wink:

The lump works great in a Weber, and I use a little propane torch to light it! And you can put it out to reuse later.

-=Jasen=-

Ignored

Sad. :(

I worked hard all weekend, and (more or less) kept an all night cook going, and made yummy porky goodness, and no one cares.

I'd say I'm gonna go eat worms, but Dennis might think I was serious and feed me some! :shock:

I had some of my pulled pork and PC's raspberry chipotle sauce for lunch (and slaw) and it was YUMMY!! :wink:

Re: Ignored

I worked hard all weekend, and (more or less) kept an all night cook going, and made yummy porky goodness, and no one cares.

I'd say I'm gonna go eat worms, but Dennis might think I was serious and feed me some! :shock:

I had some of my pulled pork and PC's raspberry chipotle sauce for lunch (and slaw) and it was YUMMY!! :wink:

What a great cook it was!.

(DJ, is there a "high maintenance" emoticon somewhere...that we can use when we pamper Sanny?)

Sanny my dear, until we see the plated food, it didn't happen!! Only thing I see is some butts cooking, then one butt with a chunk sliced off the corner. I want some pics of que on the plate, sauce on the side (where it should be) and you sitting there eating it; then I will ogle over the pics (I will let you guess which I am ogling over - 8) )! So, get your camera in gear sweetie! :stickman:

-=Jasen=-

Sanny my dear, until we see the plated food, it didn't happen!! Only thing I see is some butts cooking, then one butt with a chunk sliced off the corner. I want some pics of que on the plate, sauce on the side (where it should be) and you sitting there eating it; then I will ogle over the pics (I will let you guess which I am ogling over - 8) )! So, get your camera in gear sweetie! :stickman:

-=Jasen=-

Hmm. There's a plate of post-pulled there. But none of the rest, you're right. However, we made nice noises at your wings in various stages of cook (no plate, no napkin, no shots of eaten wings), and your beef (both cooking and sliced, but not on plates or even tidy with a utensil). And the ribs, which are shown on grill, and on the counter with a knife, but that's it. Rules are different for me, huh? :stickman:

Not even a "pat pat, Sannydeer. Sorry your fire went out. Prolly it's because you did _____." Or "Good job on your first overnight that didn't have you awake every half hour!" or "aren't you a good punkin for doing that for your M?" Or "Isn't that raspberry chipotle sauce da bomb?"

If PC were here, he'd say happy things. :smt056

As for the camera, Mother came over last night and "borrowed" it. Sigh. Prolly won't see it again for a couple weeks.

:cry:

JD is helpin me pick out a new digital SLR. :wink: We won't tell Mother about the new one. Shhhh! :shhh:

Of course we have separate rule for you - duh - hehehehe!

Now, sorry your fire went out, you really should check in to a Guru. I don't care which grill it is, things happen and fires occasionally go out. The Guru will give you peace of mind in those situations!

And FYI, your butts look real good - hehehe! :oops: I wouldn't mind trying the sauce either! Did you put a recipe in the sauce recipe section by chance?

-=Jasen=-

Of course we have separate rule for you - duh - hehehehe!

Now, sorry your fire went out, you really should check in to a Guru. I don't care which grill it is, things happen and fires occasionally go out. The Guru will give you peace of mind in those situations!

I do have parts of a guru - just not all of one. I don't have the fan. I think I just have the controls part. S'pose I'll have to check closely, and find a fan.

And yes, there's a recipe posted for the sauce. :wink:

Sweet Onions

Texas A&M developed the 1417Onion that is really sweet. As to the bullion cubes, we love the sweet onions, like vandalia or 1417, but using a whole onion with hollowed out hole: beef cube, pat of real butter, several dashes of Worchester sauce, rapped in foil, grilled on KK for 45' at 350*, and you have a sweet onion with a great taste.

Rave Reviews

Remember those butts I did a couple weeks ago (and you all ignored them)? Well, moment of truth time.

It was the fence raising at Mother's house, and I was in charge of food. I had two crocks of pulled pork (one Dizzy Dust, one Tsunami Spin), raspberry chipotle sauce, Lexington vinegar sauce, coward's sauce (squeeze bottle of Bulls Eye), slaw, Vidalia onion slices, brownies, and rolls.

The Dizzy Dust coated pull disappeared in a flash. The Tsunami took about 30 seconds longer. Rave reviews! They loved the raspberry and the vinegar sauces. Someone musta been a coward, because the squeeze bottle sauce was open, too.

More than I anticipated "understood" about vinegar sauce and slaw on top.

I had done 4 butts, but set out only 2. There were 7 guys (6 adults and 1 bottomless pit in high school), 2 wives, Mother and me. Turned out just enough. I sprinkled the pork with apple juice to reheat in the crocks.

Thanks, all, for your suggestions!

No' date=' but there was food wasn't there? :roll: I wanted to try some of the famous Sanny's Saucy Que! ;) [/quote']ooh! Well, I did hold some back from the natives. Two butts still in the freezer, as well as a recipe of raspberry chipotle. :wink:

Way to go girl, maybe there was a real man in the bunch that caught yer eye huh? That other fella been vaporized, right :?:zap:

Way to go girl' date=' maybe there was a real man in the bunch that caught yer eye huh? That other fella been vaporized, right :?:zap:[/quote']Nope - all the friendly neighborhood guys are well-married with lots of kids. Very kind of them to help Mother by putting up the fence.

Besides, vaporguy is still around. He's in Rochester at school for now. :wink:

I'll share my Q with you KK guys, though. :) We're family, after all. :smt060

(Tried to sell one of the guys on a KK, while we were eating. He has a smoker, and was considering making himself a cooker of some sort - probably brick or block in the back yard.)

(Tried to sell one of the guys on a KK, while we were eating. He has a smoker, and was considering making himself a cooker of some sort - probably brick or block in the back yard.)

I did the same thing with one of the ladies at the b-day party yesterday. She loved the look and would like to have one...Strangely enough the husband didn't jump at it and went yeah let's order one? :eek:

Anyway after a sale D could get us some referral credits to spend on side tables, special grate cleaners, new pizza stones or whatever he comes up with next... I reckon a full cabinet for storing all the KK gadgets!! ;)