DennisLinkletter

BBQ.About.com, Ultimate Grills, Best of the Best list

Re: BBQ.About.com, Ultimate Grills, Best of the Best list

Just wanted to update this post..

All Komodos now come with the Guru tube installed from the factory..

Tap out the plug of insulation and it's ready to go. Just plug in the fan nozzle.

;);)

Should the guru fan go in to the installed tube easily? I just bought one and have to really twist it to get it slightly inserted. I made sure all of the plug material was gone and even sprayed a little cooking spray on the fan insert but it's still really tight.

Should the guru fan go in to the installed tube easily? I just bought one and have to really twist it to get it slightly inserted. I made sure all of the plug material was gone and even sprayed a little cooking spray on the fan insert but it's still really tight.

The stainless tube is milled to the specs given to us by BBQ Guru..

I'll write them and confirm nothing has changed. I'm guessing your rubber gasket will compress and get smaller with age.

;);)

Tap out the plug of insulation and it's ready to go. Just plug in the fan nozzle.

;);)

All Komodos now come with the Guru tube installed from the factory and with a spring-loaded car cigarette charger like plug with teak handle in the hole.

;);)

;);)

All Komodos now come with the Guru tube installed from the factory and with a spring-loaded car cigarette charger like plug with teak handle in the hole.

;);)

Be nice if my grills had the new fancy plug covers!!! Hint...hint..

I actually had an intermediate Guru, and gave it to a friend so I could buy the most basic model, which basically puts an oven temperature dial on your cooker. I generally have a plan in advance, and no desire or time to fret. Call me an old-timer...

;);)

;);)

Can we order one of the spring-loaded plugs w/ the teak handle for our existing KKs? :wink:

The stainless tube is milled to the specs given to us by BBQ Guru..

I'll write them and confirm nothing has changed. I'm guessing your rubber gasket will compress and get smaller with age.

;);)

Thanks Dennis! I did notice an adaptor http://www.thebbqguru.com/products/Komodo-Kamado-Adaptor.html on their site. Not sure if that's applicable to my model or not (one of the sweet custom Kingsford OTBs made early last year).

I also look forward to ordering one of those new plugs soon too!