DennisLinkletter

How Much do they weigh?

Re: Thanks for the comprehensive answer.

Hmm... so the biggest chunk to get up the steps at any one time is 253 or 278lbs depending on the model. That's almost manageable. :)

actually, more like 188. the top can come off...dennis provides a 19mm socket to unhook the spring lid spring.

k

actually, more like 188. the top can come off...dennis provides a 19mm socket to unhook the spring lid springk

Actually that weight range did not include the top, i.e., that 253-278 range is for the main body and the base and wheels.

actually, more like 188. the top can come off...dennis provides a 19mm socket to unhook the spring lid springk

Actually that weight range did not include the top, i.e., that 253-278 range is for the main body and the base and wheels.

oops...i knew I posted to quickly ;)

k

So... are the tiles purely cosmetic? Or does that added weight (63 pounds) and mass actually help hold in the heat? I can't decide if I like the volcanic textured look or the tiled look. If the tiles are purely cosmetic, I might just decide on the textured. It looks like it would be more durable, no worries with tile loss, and it is quite handsome to boot! But then if the tiles actually have a functional use...

Ahhh! Can't make up my mind! Any comments on the durability of the tile versus the textured? Differences in cooking?

Doug

I agree with Curly. Never heard anyone say the tiled cookers were inherently superior.

Frankly the huge hulabaloo about thermal mass is GREATLY overrated by a particular manufacturer. I've seen posts recommending using extra pizza stones or fire bricks for yet more thermal mass. Whatta bunch a hooey.

The non refractory, i.e., ceramic cookers: BGE, Primo, Grill Dome etc have the same cooking abilities. The lure of the refractory cookers is their capacity, appearance, and increased versatility from their size and all the doodads available.