gerard

2 more construction questions

Still seeing if the base can be lightened further for going up stairs:

Does the firebox come out (easily... not permenantly like Porkchop's Mexi-K :( ) If so, is there a substantial weight saving... 20+ lbs or so?

Does the stand/wheels come off? I seem to remember seeing this discussed but I couldn't find the post.

TIA

Re: 2 more construction questions

Does the firebox come out (easily... not permenantly like Porkchop's Mexi-K :( ) If so, is there a substantial weight saving... 20+ lbs or so?

Does the stand/wheels come off? I seem to remember seeing this discussed but I couldn't find the post.

TIA

I remember seeing the post, but taking the base of takes some doing...it's not super hard, but probably not needed. the KK's come with handy carrying ropes...so a few buddies and you shoudl be able to carry it.

K (My initial)

Re: 2 more construction questions

TIA

I moved three posts about the base into the top post..

It's replaceable but not removable would be the best answer. It is attached at the factory and then tiled or textured as one.. No unsightly seams on my girls :wink:

The firebox being in two pieces makes it easier to bend over and pick them up/out of the cooker but makes you need to wiggle them a bit into position. They are rather clumbsy pieces of a puzzle.

PS When your cooker arrives you do NOT need to pull out the firebox to remove the cardboard.. just burn it away..