CHILE

top grill

Depends on how you measure:

To the "top" of the 2-piece firebox 22cm (8.66141 Inches)

or

To the "top" of the charcoal basket 27cm (10.6299 Inches)

Ummm, didn't realize that you should fill it up to the top of the edge of the firebox...(I borrowed firemonkey's picture)

The correct answer in that case is 8.66141 inches...

dscn1931hy1.jpg

I didn't measure it with the extra grill on top.... :?

Chile,

I have all the grills for my KK, so here are the various heights, all measured from the top of the fire ring.

Sear grill sits on the top of the lump basket handles, just a couple inches from the fire (depending on how high you pile your lump it may be almost touching!

5 inches to the lower grill

8.5 inches to the main grill

15 inches to the upper grill (The sear grill can be inverted and used as an upper level as well)

You can add 3 more distances if you consider the sear grill in both orientations (long legs down/short legs down) on the lower grill and short legs down on the upper. Much flexibility, probably not really necessary with great temp control, but available just the same!!

Oh yea, I don't think sear grill with long legs down sitting the firebox has been measured....... :roll:

Come one now...are you being lazy like Michele in Jamaica??? You have all the measurements...you do the math. :D

btw...I dont think the upper grill will sit stable with the long legs down in the firebox - I dont think they align with anything to keep it stable

I have all the grills, just no tape measure.. hehe :lol: I'm all about full disclosure - well, not really.

Yea baby, the sear grill sits nicely ON the firebox, (the legs sit on the flat perimeter of the box not actually in it). I usually use it that way. I have inverted it a couple of times for that ultra-close encounter, but I seem to prefer a little more margin for error that I get with the long legs down. (love those long legs... :twisted: )

Ok then...let ME be lazy like Michele...

How much different is that in height than the level of the lower grill :D

I could measure it myself, but that would mean carrying my still unfinished beer into the garage (out of the sun and Irie-ness) to retrieve the tape measure again :D

Who me? I'm a few miles from my KK, I flipped a coin and you lost, mostly be proximity. I could get back to you...... :wink: You have your grill in the garage?? :!: