Porkchop

Memorial Day "mixed grill" with pics

mixgrill52906_2.jpg

here's a pic of my mixed grill for memorial day: 1 big slab of untrimmed spares (lazy bones), some burgers and brats. ribs were 6 1/2 hours at 250 over cherry smoke (could have gone 7 easy, but family was impatient). brats and burgers about an hour. ribs were rubbed down with my own rub and some extra brown sugar, and basted with dark rum, brown sugar, and pineapple juice.

finished with mac salad, tater tots, and pineapple upsidedown cake for deezert!

happy memorial day!

That makes the steaks I overcooked tonight look pathetic!

But that's okay, we also had Easy Mac and a package of Frozen Cream Corn to fall back on.

Jealous, aren't you?

In my defense... my wife and I put in a full day at work and were exhausted. Besides, we have teenagers, quality of food is not an issue.

Glad you can still control a low and slow with cracks in the K. Likewise, I've surprised myself at how well I low and slow with burned off gaskets on my Primos :shock:

gerard-

i've got 3 kids; 18, 12, and 8. I worked on Sunday, but had Monday off, which was very nice.

when bbq is concerned, i'm like the marines... i overcome! i adapt! the cracks aren't as big a deal as the damper top i can't close/move. the tinfoil works ok; just looks ghetto.

can't wait til dennis makes life easy again :D a damper top that moves will be such a treat...