PaulR

Chooks on the KK

Did some chooks on the rotisserie...

Yeah should've taken one at the start (now its obscured by the smoke ah well) :?

p7140001ajq8.th.jpg

And I forgot to take a picture of the whole chooks :(

Anyway cut up they look like this:

p7140003ain7.th.jpg

They were very good, 1 chook had just pepper, salt, garlic and olive oil. The other one had a "mesquite" rub....

Both were tasty and had crispy skin!!

Success on the KK again... :D

Thanks PC for the "ramp" suggestion; and yes I have a guru :)

Re: Great lookin birds!

Those make my mouth water. How is the rottis as far as the set up an clean up. Some folks have seemed to think it wasn't worth the extra work. But it appears the rottis is a great way to cook the birds. Especially when we get to gawk! :D

Rotis is very easy to "set-up" you just remove the two grills and slot it in the holes on either side (had to slightly file down one shaft since it didn't fit in the hole) really a 3-second job.

Don't know about the cleaning I've soaked it overnight in the laundry sink :twisted: too lazy to clean it straight away but some work for me today I reckon... :?

I think the result of the rotis chicken was excellent but can't compare since I haven't cook chook on the grill yet...

How is the rottis as far as the set up an clean up.

Soaked them in hot water /added sugar soap (laundry sink) for an hour and all the gunk came off easily. :) Still took me about 15 minutes to clean (since I took all the clamps and screws off (first cook still in the protective phase)) 8) . Was a LOT easier than I thought it would be since all the grease and smoke stains came off just like that :D

It looks like new again :wink:

How is the rottis as far as the set up an clean up.

Soaked them in hot water /added sugar soap (laundry sink) for an hour and all the gunk came off easily. :) Still took me about 15 minutes to clean (since I took all the clamps and screws off (first cook still in the protective phase)) 8) . Was a LOT easier than I thought it would be since all the grease and smoke stains came off just like that :D

It looks like new again :wink:

Thanks for the feedback! :)

It gives me a lot of hope since I have a rottis on the way.:D I hope sugar soap isn't what made it all come off. :shock:

Sugar soap

Ok, since Ozzie is sleeping, I had to do the dreaded research myself. :wink:

Sugar soap is an industrial cleaning material, with a variable composition and supplied in either powdered or liquid form. The powdered form looks like granulated white sugar, which explains the first half of the name, although sugar soap contains neither sugar nor soap. It is a mixture of basic salts, such as sodium carbonate and sodium phosphate, dissolved in water to form an alkaline solution. It sometimes contains an abrasive such as sodium silicate.

Sugar soap is commonly used for cleaning paintwork in preparation for repainting.

The term appears to be used mainly in Commonwealth countries. In the United States, it refers to a cosmetic product

I don't think I want that as a cosmetic. But hey, people inject themselves with botulism toxin, and think that's a good idea. So, what do I know? :smt102

Sounds like it may be similar to TSP (TriSodium Phosphate) that you can pick up at the local hardware store.

There are a few interesting "alternate" uses listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisodium_phosphate

I forgot all about that stuff. It is a good SS cleaner and I have some around here somewhere for cleaning the brewery equipment. Thanks for reminding me; I will try that next time I have to clean the rotis. Since I don't have a big enough sink, I might use one of my old fermentor buckets to drop it in with the TSP solution.

-=Jasen=-