trish

Sybil has arrived

Hey Firemonkey.....Its not pink but what the heck. :D

I will have to defer to Dennis regarding the question on the lump basket. Are they to support a grill or deflector? Maybe it is so I don't get my nails dirty. ;)

There are a couple of items I don't recognize that I will need to get an opinion on. I will get pictures of them.

I had to abandon the BBQ to get a few other tasks done before dark :roll:

Trish, the big rings on the lump basket are handles, so you can lift it and shake off the ash before your next cook. You also set your head deflector on the handles when you want to do indirect, or the upper/sear grill if you have it.

What I was asking about is if it has legs under the bowl, or if thats an illusion. Yours looks like it has some kind of base below the wire bowl.

Question: In your last pic, I see your lump basket on the cabinet. It looks like it has wire legs? Mine is just a bowl with handles; has it been redesigned?

At one point Dennis was making the charcoal baskets with these legs. I don't know if they are still built this way or if this is just a left over. I don't know the benefit of them but I do have a couple of these versions.

porkchop wrote:

wow! THAT would be my choice of tiled models, if i were ever to give up my penchant for textured! amazing!

Porkchop, That is a great compliment because I know how much you like the textured model...This one turned your head a little!

Firemonkey and Tony: There is a picture in the accesories thread that does show a lump bowl with the little legs as you described. As I recall they were to stabilize the basket within the firebox so it would not tip over. I am unsure, but there may have been a design change to eliminate the need for the legs.

Curly....last but not least :wink: I do know the forum rule of no pics it did not happen. Wish my body knew that rule!

I am unsure, but there may have been a design change to eliminate the need for the legs.

Curly....last but not least :wink: I do know the forum rule of no pics it did not happen. Wish my body knew that rule!

I am gonna take a guess here since Dennis is not around. We had talked a little while back about the flame height on the burner and how far it was from the charcoal. This may have been his way of getting the charcoal closer for faster ignition from the gas burner. Also hold more lump.

-=Jasen=-

I am gonna take a guess here since Dennis is not around. We had talked a little while back about the flame height on the burner and how far it was from the charcoal. This may have been his way of getting the charcoal closer for faster ignition from the gas burner. Also hold more lump.

Jasen, you reckon the charcoal baskets in the latest versions are closer to the burner than before (on the gen I models?) :?

Since Dennis (I'm also guessing here) did not include the gas burner in the ultimate package (due to lack of people requesting it (they're not lazy/smart like some of us ;) )) I don't think he would lower the height to accomdate the burner? than again maybe he did 8) Thanks Dennis!!!

Jasen, you reckon the charcoal baskets in the latest versions are closer to the burner than before (on the gen I models?) :?

Since Dennis (I'm also guessing here) did not include the gas burner in the ultimate package (due to lack of people requesting it (they're not lazy/smart like some of us ;) )) I don't think he would lower the height to accomdate the burner? than again maybe he did 8) Thanks Dennis!!!

Due to the larger door on the older grill, I think the burner was somewhat higher than it is now.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Sybil has arrived

Sybil has arrived and is beautiful and healthy. I have struggled with some pics due to the sun this afternoon' date=' but here are the better pics:[/quote']

Sybil is gorgeous! What style would one ask for to get a ... Sybiling?

I just ordered a Gen II Terra Blue w/ Charcoal grout and am wondering if I should hold out for something that might look "more of the earth".

Eric

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.