TheNakedWhiz

Product Review of The Stoker

Nice Review!

Thanks for the great review info on the Stoker. I really does seem to be a worthy competitor for the Guru. There were several item I did not see that I was curious about. I assume since you did not mention it, that it does not have adjustable offset, proportional band or high/low alarms limits? I realize the model Guru it is competing with does not have those features either, but I was just checking.

Wow, your setup with 3 cookers being controlled looked like you were being attacked by an octopus.

-=Jasen=-

As usual, no one contributes more to bbq'ing...

Another spectacular job.

I fall in the "only gonna use one cooker at a time but may have a couple of disparate chunks of meat on it category"... but damn, it's appealing.

If I'm getting one of these, I better order tonight, cause they'll be getting lots of orders based on this. It's gonna be weird, I foresee IT guys becoming a mandatory addition to cooking teams (okay, probably not) but laptops could become a frequent sighting at competitions. Actually you won't see'em, cause cooking temps will suddenly become hideable, so they'll be hidden in RVs.

I unfortunately don't need an adaptor for the kk, but it'll be cool on one of my Primos. As the newest and smallest player in the field, I wonder if they'll even take the time to make adaptor plates for the kk any time soon... esp cause Dennis complicates things by offering two draft doors. Guess that's for Dennis and all you other happy owners to find out. I figure by the time I do get a kk, there will be adaptor plates.

Oh well, there are far more Q gifted folks to ponder these matters. You don't need to read my prattling.

Once again, awesome work, TNW.

TNW you have out done yourself..

I unfortunately don't need an adaptor for the kk' date=' but it'll be cool on one of my Primos. As the newest and smallest player in the field, I wonder if they'll even take the time to make adaptor plates for the kk any time soon... esp cause Dennis complicates things by offering two draft doors.[/quote']

TNW you have out done yourself... Your review is better that Rock's site!

Heylo Gerard,

To clarify things for you.. I have one draft door opening.. you can use my low airflow control draft door in it or remove it and use a different door that holds the gas burner... To the right of this is the Komodo 4 BBQ Guru faceplate.

John at Stoker has/or will have adapters for his blower that will slides into this sleeve in the faceplate.

And I will have Stoker faceplates that can be installed when yo order your cooker..

Komodo's will always be cutting edge.. My R&D and improvements will be on going cause I love to tinker and I'm a perfectionist.. :wink:

Re: TNW you have out done yourself..

...Komodo's will always be cutting edge..

Oh Hell, we may have a trans Pacific ESP thing going on... I JUST used the phrase, "cutting edge" in responding to Drunk_J's new post in the Happy Campers section. This is creepy.

I also have a sudden desire to rub myself all over some teak flooring.

BTW, thanks for clarifying the door stuff, Dennis. Sometimes I just foresee problems that don't exist. Color me paranoid.

Re: TNW you have out done yourself..

Thanks! If only I had a KK to review' date=' haw haw haw!!! :lol:[/quote']

Actually, Dennis, you probably should consider this. I often thought the BGE fan invasion of the K board in the late 90's could have been squashed by sending a cooker to CharWoody (the original ceramic cooking god). He would have been dazzled - cause let's face it - they're real impressive for a year or more - and, fair guy that he is, he would have reported his findings and the invasion would have lost a huge amount of steam.

Seemed like a no brainer to me. But RJ and CW were quickly adversarial. Dumb business move.

Of course, you're not under attack. And admittedly, it would be a hefty investment and, if you remotely consider it, you better send him a damn good cooker. Cause it's apparent TNW puts stuff through more paces than Consumer Reports.... "for our next test... we used a 2yo and a ball peen hammer.".... "then we placed a blasting cap in the guru port to assess the units explosiveness"... "and of course we used respirators to prevent any asbestos exposure from any possible explosion."

Gerard,

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a recent episode of myth busters where they pressurized an old DC-9 to +8psi and were blowing out windows. Then they shot a bullet through windows and the skin, then placed a shaped charge on the side of the plane. :lol:

Seriously, I guess I would have a hard time proving that I had maintained my objectivity when presented with a very expensive item to test. I tend to walk around with my mouth open saying "wow" a lot. :lol: Even if I were to do a review of my eggs, I'm not sure I'd know what all to test and how to do it. Big job, that....

OK Drunk_J,

It's 1:30am, and you're slammed, go to bed :arrow:

Curly,

Dennis has the forum on some wacky time zone's time... I presume Indonesian (if they have just one time zone).

I'm in Eastern Daylight Savings Time... But the forum is 8 hours ahead of me.

Either you didn't know that, or you were the one that was slammed. :shock:

It's pretty annoying. It's time the world realizes that Chickamauga, GA is its center and that it revolves around me.

Hmm

Actually it shows up the correct time for me minus the daylight savings adjustment. Do you have your time zone set up in your profile for GMT-5 hours for EST? Not really sure why it does not give you the option to adjust for DST though.

Oh yeah, Gerard - just keep telling yourself that and one day it may become true - hehe - and who is drunk now?

-=Jasen=-

Re: Hmm

Do you have your time zone set up in your profile for GMT-5 hours for EST?

Doh, I'm an idiot. Instead of GMT-4, I entered GMT+4 when I signed up. Then promptly forgot we were given that opportunity. Thanks for setting me straight.

Drunk, huh? I'll give ya $300 for your K. That includes your delivering it to my back porch.