Curly

Curly

??

You sell your other one? I saw your post on the other forum - suprised it did not get pulled. If he has not already emailed you, there is a dude from Charlote, NC who might be contacting you (in the other forum). You can thank me later for asking way more for mine than you are asking for yours (as I had been in talks with him for a few days).

-=Jasen=-

Good luck with your sale of the K. Your post is still on the other forum. Hell mine my posts were pulled for less, but I had the nerve to question the BS and lack of answers to calls and e-mail. My #7 sold pretty fast now just waiting for my new BETTER cooker a Deluxe OTB should be in Kansas end of June or the first part of July. Would it be weird if it came the same date I received the K, July 1 a few a years ago.

Curous?

Just curious, would anyone mind posting how much they got for their K? Mine is only 1 year old and has pretty much every option and still in very good shape, but I am not really sure how much to ask. I added it up based on prices right now on their web site and it was about $1780 plus shipping was over $400. So I was thinking $1400 was a fair price for only one year old with everything - or am in living in a dream world? Would appreciate the input.

Thanks,

-=Jasen=-

Well, the problem is like the guy who emailed me. He said they have a killer dal for 899 which include stainless steel upgrade. So, he thought he was gonna be grillin for 899. I added all of the stuff up and it was...well, here's a snippett of the email I shot him back

When you upgrade to

stainless steel bands - $120

stainless steel main grill - $88

stainless steel upper bracket - $45

stainless steel upper grill - $69

stainless steel drip pan bracket - $39

Gas option - $175

Kamado temp guage - $25

Lumpsaver plus - $55

stainless steel ash remover - $29

ceramic cart - $109 (mine has a cart, but not ceramic)

Shipping - $235 (my guess, could be more)

You have $1,888 - Which is about what I paid. Dang man, it's like buying a car, ain't it.

Drunk_J

I think your price will mostly be dictated by your proximity to a major metropolitan area and a large pool of internet-surfing-backyard-cooking yuppies. If you live in NYC, you're gonna get close to your asking price of 1400 :P but if you're in Podunk, Nebraska, you'll be happy to get 800 :cry:

Also working against you is that advertised 899 price for a new one even if it is terribly stripped down. :cry:

Well, I am hoping the close proximity of Atlanta and Columbia help there. I have not heard of another K in Augusta, but there could be. I sold a Traeger grill here and got $750 for it (I was really happy with that).

Yeah, I think Curly's price is slightly off unfortunately as the sale of $899 already includes the stainless bands, stainless main grill, stainless thermomter and ceramic cart. Basing it on the sale price, I come up with $1476 plus shipping now verses the $1700 during no sale times. I guess I need to wait till the sale ends - hehe.

-=Jasen=-

I also sold my 4 year old K7 with all the options ($1,400 worth with shipping) for $800, I was trying to get $900 but had no takers from both Ebay listings and Craigs list. I had one taker who took it for $800 and I have to meet him an hour away from Atlanta. The hard part is having to tell them where you got it then they do research and find out they can't get CS or replacement parts so they are on their own in the future. This scares them away, especially considering all the posts about falling tiles. I even have an extra fire box but I still could not sell them on it. I figured I'd take my losses and move on.