Majestik

Hey folks!

Some of you may remember me from the "good ol' days" in kamado-land. I webmastered the kamado site in the late 90's and set up the original forum. Ah, memories...

8)

Well, since then the wife & have had three kids and subsequently relocated to the triangle area of North Carolina. Great schools, excellent job market, low housing costs.... and the environment is lush and beautiful. So here we are. I still have my kamado. Though it is more than a little worse for the wear and I don't seem to be able to get any customer service out of them. It may be out of commission until I do.

In the meantime, I found Dennis' website and must say I love all the improvements he's made. The kOmOdo kicks ass. I hope to buy one someday. Anyway, just thought I'd say howdy, y'all. Hope to see you around.

;-)

---Mike

Another blast from the past...

... welcome aboard Mike! Good to see you again. Sorry you got treated so shoddily by your former ceramic company. Glad to hear you now live in Dixie (if N Carolina can be considered Dixie). And congrats on your 3 kids... I believe you were just on number 1 at the time... is that right?

I still make your bacon wrapped pickled water melon rinds frequently. They're my son's favorite. Typical appetizer plate here is watermelon rinds for him and ABTs for everyone else, though everyone takes at least one of the former.

I had heard from a third party that your K had already lost its tiles by the time mine did (Spring '01). Made the Kompany's claim that it was my fault for using my disc harrow-heat deflector/drip pan three times seem kinda spurious. And it sure validated the old plant mgr's claims. Sorry to hear your K is totally out of commision now.

Anyway, good to have you with us.

North Carolina

Hey NakedWhiz,

We bought a house in Holly Springs and I work in Morrisville - just a hop skip and a jump away!

Glad to see I'm not the only ceramic enthusiast in town.

:-)

Hey Gerard -

Mine lost it's tiles in October 1999... when my K was roughly 1.5-2 years old. Then again last year during the move (different tiles... the ones I fixed stayed fixed). Now my kamado is "neckless". Alas. I think I'll post photos.

--Mike