rhino

I am proud to be one of the founders of this group.

I love my Komodo Kamado. I had a few issues with my first as well and was well taken care of. I liked my first one well enough to buy it and keep both at the house. I use the first for hot cooks and the second for low and slow. Using both during a party works out perfect also. Happy cooking.

I had one of the 1st Deluxe Classics. There were some metal works issues and seal problems but Dennis stuck to his word and sent me out another new and improved version. I decided to keep the 1st one so I bought it from Dennis. I use it for the quick hot steak cooks and the new one for the low and slow. It is funny that you mention brisket... I am 4 hours into a cook right now. I try and do one every chance I get. Everyone that eats it says it is the best they have ever had. I am cooking this one for a contractor and crew that are working on an investment property that I just bought. I figured some good Tejas BBQ will boost some moral as I already have 2 tennants waiting to move.

If you haven't yet you need to get one..............or two.

CW2.jpg

CW.jpg

CW3.jpg

Rhino.

Rhino brisket (heh)!

Very cool. I've been cooking on a Kamado (the other guys) for about 4 years now. Before that, I'd worked in a Texas (style) BBQ joint here for a couple years part time. I've done lots and lots of brisket, and the ones I've pulled off my cooker beat the ones off the Southern Pride every time. They'd leave those briskets on for 14 hours, regardless of size, so some would be nice, while others would have to be sliced "thin to win".

Do you have a way to post some photos of your KOMODO chugging away with a bellyfull of brisket? Or could you give us some pics of that finished hunk of beef when done?

Good luck on that big ol' Rhino brisket!

Founders and double vision too

Yes, you're a founder and one of only two people to have two Komodo's parked next to each other!

Thanks for the shots..

:wink:

If you look at the Classic on the left you can see the double gasket.. Upper inner.. lower outer.. more than twice the seal..