Fetzervalve

How did you find Komodo Kamado

Re: How did you find Komodo Kamado

I love BBQ. I came very close about 4 years ago to opening a BBQ restaurant, when my employer was acquired, and I thought that i would no longer have a job. Long story for another time, but the key point is that I love BBQ.

I have a friend that bought himself a BGE. We have Thanksgiving dinner with them often, and last year he smoked a turkey for us on his BGE. I watched how much fun he was having, then enjoyed the turkey so much, I made up my mind shortly thereafter that I had to have one.

Well, I never buy anything without first doing a ton of research. I looked at BGEs in person, looked at other brands of kamados, searched YouTube videos. That's how I came across the KK. If I remember correctly, it was the 3-part video that Rick Ault was in. That baby was so beautiful, and I could tell Rick was enamored with it, so I immediately dug into every piece of information I could find on it. The more I read and watched, the more I was convinced that I could not live without one.

The last remaining step was convincing my better half that I needed one. Well, she is very aesthetically focused, so all I had to do was show her the BGE in person, and then show her the pictures of the KK on the web. She came over to the KK side very quickly, and ultimately pushed me to move forward with the purchase of a bronze metallic, 23" OTB. The rest is history. With every cook, the food is tastier, and I grow more attached to my KK, affectionately named "Puff" (the magic dragon).

I cooked on a BGE for about 12 years. One day I thought I would look around on the web and see what was out there. Stumbled across the KK site and knew then I had to have one. I started reading the all post and thought these are guys are really enthusiastic about their grills. I called Dennis several times to discuss purchasing one and what accessories he recommended. After finalizing the order went to the bank to send a transfer. The VP was concerned about transferring that much money off shore. Transfer made and the rest is grilling history.

post-7121-139082403039_thumb.jpg

I found KK following a lot of research that started as far from Kamado style grills as you can get, but ended up there. The short story is I needed a replacement for my weber kettle, and initially started looking at gasser units, and upon a visit to BBQ's Galore to buy one, stumbled across a Kamado Joe unit they were selling. Whilst researching my new found interest in Kamado style grills, I quickly dropped the gasser option and decided upon the KK based on reviews on the web, and my desire to have the best. Speaking with Dennis sealed the deal.

Re: How did you find Komodo KamadoI am hoping some of the new customers might revisit this and vote.. :?:?

Dennis - you got your wish here.

I belong to another Forum dedicated to all things kamado. I've been cooking on kamados for over 20 years. On the other Forum I saw a thread Komodo Kamado. I'd never heard of it so I thought let's read this thread. Very small number of posts and even smaller number of active posters, but they were unmovable when it came to their kamado's quality, beauty, etc. That got me interested.

Then one day someone posted pics and specs of the newly announced KK BB 32". I pulled up the site, started reading, looking, drooling, lusting, dreaming. The more I looked the more I had to have a KK BB 32". Then I called Dennis. Game. Set. Match.

Komodo Kamado is a great asset to Dennis Linkletter. Dennis Linkletter is an invaluable asset to Komodo Kamado.

If you read this and wonder how all the "Hype" about Komodo Kamado can possibly be true, I assure you the "Hype" you've heard doesn't do the KK justice. Anyone who has a KK quickly runs out of superlatives describing their KK experience. Anyone who eats food cooked on a KK has only one word to describe the food ... WOW! Anyone who sees a KK in its native habitat, the backyard, patio, by a pool, simply stands in awe at its beauty.