Saucier

KK #329 Landed!

Well, this morning they warehouse guy came in and says, "we got a 700 lb pallet, and I have no idea what this thing is"! I was hoping for the best..

And the wish came true!!

warehousekkxu2.jpg

So before any terrible thing could befall it, I had it loaded and ran it out to the house! :) It was hard to go back to the shop.. I really wanted to uncrate it and play !!

streetkkyn9.jpg

But there is always tonight, or tomorrow!! :)

Thanks Dennis!!!

More newby questions...

Well, I got this baby uncrated, it is indeed one heavy and nicely built piece of kit!

I was not able to locate any directions of any type, so not sure if it doesn't come with them, or mine flew away in transit.

I figured out most of it with a few exceptions...

A Is the stuff in the clear little jug a grout sealer? If so how do I apply it, and is it already sealed and ready for use? Is this just for later?

B What are the two kind of skewer looking deals, T-handle on one end and two little hooks on the other?

C What is the door, about the size of the flue door, that is made of screen for ?

D What order do you use the grills in? The lump basket is obvious, but not sure the order of the next three & the pan? I assume the shallow pan with the nice machining on it is a drip pan?

Thanks in advance..

Re: More newby questions...

Well' date=' I got this baby uncrated, it is indeed one heavy and nicely built piece of kit! .[/quote']

Thank you, Always love to hear it..

I was not able to locate any directions of any type' date=' so not sure if it doesn't come with them, or mine flew away in transit. .[/quote']

Please check your email..

I figured out most of it with a few exceptions...

A Is the stuff in the clear little jug a grout sealer? If so how do I apply it, and is it already sealed and ready for use? Is this just for later?.

It's sealed, that's just a lil supply for the future.

What are the two kind of skewer looking deals' date=' T-handle on one end and two little hooks on the other?.[/quote']

Those are to grab your hot rotisserie shafts. The larger one goes on the right the smaller one on the left, slide onto shaft and twist.. Welding gloves work also..

What is the door' date=' about the size of the flue door, that is made of screen for ?.[/quote']

If you have a wooden deck, you'll want to slide it from the inside onto your front draft door guide tubes.. If you have a large mountain of ash it prevents a pieces of charcoal from rolling out.

What order do you use the grills in? The lump basket is obvious' date=' but not sure the order of the next three & the pan? I assume the shallow pan with the nice machining on it is a drip pan? .[/quote']

The firebox will sit with out teetering when properly set into place. The handles will be left and right.

The heat deflector will sit on top of those handles.

the lower grill is open up front, the main grill has the door, the upper/sear grill can be used up to or down on top of the firebox.

;);)

Smoke it baby!

Well, I had to see some smoke from my new baby, so I gave it about 2/3 basket of Cowboy, lit a few pieces, put all the racks in, hooked up the new Guru and let it rip..

Many thanks to DL and DJ for help on the side for many newby questions.

I have not used cowboy b4, and it smells like burning moldy old plywood LOL, think I will stick to Royal Oak....

I set the Guru per DJ's specs and put the pit temp to 250, it climbed quickly to 200, then slowly ramped up to 250, stayed there for about 6 hours, then died out and slowly coold back down.

I can tell I am going to have some good times with this setup!

First Q set for Saturday!!!

First smoke signals seen below.. Not a great pic, but needed to document the event anyway!

komodopatiozi7.th.jpg