boanerges

best fan for competitor type temperatue cotroller

After six months of arguing with my wife, I finally got the kamado to the porch. (Its 9 feet off the ground, and she didn't want to roll the kamado across her hardwood floors.) javascript:emotion(':D')

I want to get a temperature controller. I think the Competitor with the wireless control has the best mix of features for me.

I have two questions:

1. what size fan works best?

2. what size and type adapter do I need for the fan.

Thanks

Re: best fan for competitor type temperatue cotroller

After six months of arguing with my wife, I finally got the kamado to the porch. (Its 9 feet off the ground, and she didn't want to roll the kamado across her haedwood floors.) javascript:emoticon(':D')

I want to get a temperature controller. I think the Competitor with the wireless control has the best mix of feaues for me.

I have two questions:

1. what size fan woks best?

2. what size and type adapter do I need for the fan.

Thanks

Thought I would mention that the competitor model does not have a wireless control, only the Procom has wireles.

A 4 cfm fan would probably do just fine, but I like the 10 cfm fan best personally. That way you dampen it down some if need be or use it full blast. As far as adapter, you only need an inducer tube. You can either buy the bulkhead they sell on the website and have a couple inches stick out of the grill or you can call in your order and ask for a short inducer tube. Though I must tell you that the short tube needs to be siliconed in place (but it is my preference as it looks the cleanest since it is flush).

There are plenty of pics and info already on the forum about using the Guru inducer tube with the komodokamado - just click on the search function.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

-=Jasen=-