JoeNY

Big Blue is a cookin!!

That thing was a mother to move but once we got it home it's a dream. Within 30 minutes of getting it situated I had the guru cranking and the top smoking. It's been a gray wet day today. I just took this shot out in the back yard. It's about 40 degrees with snow/sleet falling....perfect KK weather!

KK.jpg

You'd be surprised how rural it gets within 60 miles of NYC.

I love about 35 miles north of midtown Manhattan and I regularly have deer, turkey and even pheasant run through my backyard. If you go another 30 miles north you start finding farms. New York is actually a beautiful state. My wife moved here from Canada and expected the same thing, she says it now reminds her of British Columbia.

I grew up in Kingston (actually Hurley) 90 miles north of the City and it was very "country", had lots of corn fields and farms. Nice place to grow up. 7 or 8 ski slopes within an hours drive. Lots of places to pull off on a dirt road and have a kegger. The Catskills are very pretty in the fall when the leaves turn too. I loved the snow as a kid but don't miss it now.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.