DavidS

Going on later tonight

Several years ago when kiwi were not that common, I had purchased a few at the grocery store and the check-out guy asked me if I liked them because the outside was so hard to eat it made him choke! :lol::lol::lol:

We had kiwi farms bordering our farm, and they pruned them hard every year. The trellis structures they would put in were very stout. Then when these guys can't make any money at it, they abandon those plantings and after a couple of years it looks like a jungle.

Sanny...since I know you love the color blue, may I suggest a plumbego in place of the kiwi. It will not produce fruit, but it will produce a beautiful little blue flower most of the year. Mine are still flowering quite nicely. I will email pic if you want.

Deej hasn't had to move or warn us of being off-topic for a few days now. But oh....let me tie it to BBQ....the kiwi wood will make good smoke wood Sanny! :eek::D

Deej hasn't had to move or warn us of being off-topic for a few days now. But oh....let me tie it to BBQ....the kiwi wood will make good smoke wood Sanny! :eek::D

Oooh! My bad! I hauled it to the woods to make compost. :V-8 swat:

Dunno if plumbago will grow around here. Looks like it's a warm climate crop. I'm USDA zone 6. But the purple clematis will get to have the fence to itself now. And the figs won't be overrun. I think kiwi-ectomy was a good thing.

what tile does this cooker have??

Gotwood, that tile is a custom job, we all lust after! Ok, maybe not all of us, but all of ME lusts after it.

Tish sent the boxes of tiles to Dennis, and his craftspeople sweat, bled, cursed, fumed, and otherwise worked magic to make it. Isn't it spectacular?

One of a kind. Sigh...