tcoliver

More Ribs

Haven't posted pictures in a while. Nice cool winter day in Georgia, no better time to cook some good food.

014zt3.th.jpg

016wy8.th.jpg

017fv5.th.jpg

Final results to follow. Now below.

dsc02114jy2.th.jpg

While I was cooking we did a little tree decorating...

dsc02117gp8.th.jpg

and this helped....nothing like a little eggnog and brandy to get you in the Christmas spirit.....

dsc02116lp3.th.jpg

Prime - That door was a previous rendition of the burner/draft door assembly. Im not sure the offset dial ever made it out of the prototype phase.

Since you have a gen2, your gas door is in the rear like mine. You may be able to get one of the front doors from a gen1 that has a gas hookup. I think the latest revision has the dial centered with the gas burner going in through the center, where the knob would attach normally.

roughly how long do you cook your ribs. ? Loin or baby back, Temp ??

JUst asking a few others for the secret of life .. :-)

Do you let the meat shrink back a little on the bones or not ??

I have seen 2 schools on that one..

You don't have to kill me if you tell me.. :-) Hopefully.

My method is pretty simple, we like baby backs, peel of membrane, heat grill to 250 with a few wood chips and cook for four hours. Only add sauce for last 15 mins. Usually come out very fall off the bone ish. Nothing fancy but it works and theres never anything left but the bones. :lol:

Prime - That door was a previous rendition of the burner/draft door assembly. Im not sure the offset dial ever made it out of the prototype phase.

Since you have a gen2, your gas door is in the rear like mine. You may be able to get one of the front doors from a gen1 that has a gas hookup. I think the latest revision has the dial centered with the gas burner going in through the center, where the knob would attach normally.

Yeah this is the way mine came, didn't know it had been revised. Works nicely. I bet if you really wanted one Dennis could fix you up.

Yeah its really cold here too, I think it got down to about 40 brrrr... :D

Actually I'm originally from NY so I have been thru many Noreasters. Thats why I'm down here now. :)

FM, I think this was the only version he made. We discussed having the dial centered around the gas in port, but then the rear burner ended up winning out.

-=Jasen=-

BTW, what is this "snow" stuff Primeats refers to?