U2PLT

Greatest Turkey Ever!!!!!

Turkey

My wife got it for me on sale after Xmas at Wally-World. It was a butter-ball pre-brined. I used Mac Chicken & Poultry seasoning after Jiarby had told me it was really quite good. So I just dusted the outside and inside with it. I wanted to do a Turkey using the rotisserie. I cooked it at 300* for 3 hours until thigh was 175*. The breast was very juicy and all the joints were clean with no red juice any where. The KK closed Roti is just great; for all the juices just keep rotating through out the bird. After I took it off I tented it and let it sit in the oven for 45 minutes before carving.

You're just too modest to mention that this is actually three different birds cut into pieces, reassembled in a mosaic pattern, and then sanded smooth again :)

Sounds tasty! My wife doesn't like the white meat because it gets too dry in the oven, I guess I'll have to start fighting her for it once the house is built and I get my KK.

Turkey Seasoning

Yes Glenn I use the Mc seasoning and I really like the flavor that got infused with only a good coating on the outside and inside. As you told me the Roti really helps get what ever you put on outside nicely infused. Normally you see lots of recommendations about rubbing the spices under the skin of the bird. I am sure you will get a stronger taste by rubbing under the skin, but we had plenty of nice flavor without doing that.

Cozy