trudeto

An impressive piece of gear

Several months ago I stumbled upon Dennis’s website as I was researching a new BBQ. I had been using a 25 year old aluminum charcoal BBQ, a gas grill and a little water smoker and it was time to upgrade. I am glad I found the KK. I took delivery of my Gen II Ultimate KK #356 on Dec 28th, about 3 weeks after I ordered it. From the moment the truck arrived, I knew I made the right choice. Even the crate is impressive and thoughtfully designed. How many crates have you received that come with their own crowbar!!!

When you invest in a ‘grill’ like this, you have pretty high expectations, and I can tell you that it has met every one of my expectations, and then some. The craftsmanship and attention to detail are evident everywhere, from the fit and function of the doors, vents and grills, to the aesthetics of the design and color. It looks great, and it works great. No shortcuts have been taken.

This thing works as advertised. The dome opens and closes with one hand, and aligns perfectly. The precision vents allowed me to adjust temperatures within 5-10 degrees the first time I lit it. The grills each fit precisely into the main body of the grill, and have details built in that make them even more functional, such as the hinged main grill and open portion of the lower grill that allow addition of more charcoal or smoke wood during use without having to remove the grills.

The KK forum, and the folks who contribute, are an added bonus. If you’ve got questions, they have answers!! And Dennis has been incredible in getting me off to a great start. His customer service is the best I have ever seen.

I am a VERY happy camper. If you have any reservations about getting a KK, do it.