DennisLinkletter

Grillin' baah, Lamb revisited..

most definitely pink..

Perhaps I was poisoned by mint jelly at gramma's Sunday dinner table

OMG, I am not the only one who thinks of mint jelly any time they hear lamb! Those do look pretty tasty, Dennis. Is the meat still pink at 145 or so?

Yes, most definitely pink, as it must be.. and I won't even talk about how much I love lamb fat.

I know eating fat is no longer PC in the States.

Ha I love it..

I thought I hated lamb for years, too, until I had the opportunity to eat some good lamb in France about ten years ago. I quickly found out that most of what was sold as "lamb" in the states was actually mutton.

There is now a lot of good quality lamb available over here.

One really good lamb deal is the frozen frenched lamb racks at Trader Joe's. They defrost quickly, and cook up great on the KK! I always have a couple in the freezer, in case somebody drops by and I'd like to impress them with what the KK can do.

Looks like USDA stuff,right down to the remnant of the grading stamp, just like the product we sell. I can almost taste them. Never tried using mint jelly, I wonder if in the past when only mutton was available it was used to mask the strong aroma? And Dennis, fat is no longer the enemy(people are still having strokes and heart attacks despite their restructured diets) just watch, the next diet will be the "all things in moderation diet" just like our grandmothers taught us!This of course can never include fast food, that's why the KK is such an invaluable tool! Get the love back into our cooking should be the New Years resolution for everyone!

Lamb

One early memory of good cooking was my Grandmother cooking lamb chops for lunch. I have never been able to absolutely recreate the flavor, although damn close. I think she must have seasoned them with salt, pepper, and maybe accent seasoning.

Of course memory is a wonderful thing, maybe it is not possible to equal the old flavor as our memory has enhanced it over the years and associated it with a good memory.

I sometimes buy the lamb roast from costco, cut off the net & rub it all down with garlic, oil and other good things & smoke it...

Come to think of it, I remember taking pics of it, so I reckon I posted it on here before!

Sheesh,,,, speaking of memory :)