scouterpf

Matte Terracotta OTB arrived in Rochester, NY.

KK#380 an OTB Gen II in Matte Terracotta with dark mustard grout arrived in Rochester, NY. By the time the local beavers chewed the crate away, we were too tired to cook anything.

Now, my wife is not sure if we should cook in this work work of art; it is beautiful! After several cooks I will post a picture -- too tired now.

:D Scouterpf

Welcome, Scout!

You and the Lovely Mrs. Scout, asleep, with visions of sugarglazed pork butt dancing in your head?

Lots of pictures of cooking, please! We live vicariously through you.

(especially those of us who have been living on grapefruit and carrot sticks the past couple months! :( )

I need to update my profile; Honeoye is on a now frozen lake in NY. Our KK is in Rochester, NY where the snow is now blowing and ~ 10F. The first cook was chicken but no buttes yet. I cannnot get the hang of adding images yet :oops: soon I hope to. Also Sanny, I do use cooks illutrated and did enjoy the olive loaf.

Scouterpf

Kudos to KK and Dennis for everything.

:) Well, three cooks gone down and all were good. I still have not posted images yet.

:!: I had a few questions about the KK and parts; in response, Dennis called to answer my questions. Gosh, the only thing better than the KK is the customer support. All companies should be so good :!::!:

The last cook was a modified CooksIllustrated formula (01->02 / 2008) for boneless eye-round roast.

The lean eye roast was cooked/grilled in the LL with a digital temp probe to 120F keeping the KK at 220 F. After 120F in the beef, the beef was removed and the KK raised to ~ 620 F. The meat was placed on the lower grid and seared on all sides at that point. The roast was tender and succulent.

Kudos to KK and Dennis for everything.