slicer

KK Classic #113 Arrived

Thanks to Dennis and a good deal. I just received my Classic KK #113 yesterday. (':D')

I took about 1 hour to uncrate and assemble. I tried my first cook at about 200 degrees. of chicken legs and thighs. Took about 3 1/2 hours. Temperature kept fluctuating 195-300.

Today I tried to do another cook, I had a tough time controlling the temperature. I could not get it below 300 and when I tried to extinguish the fire it stayed at 300 for some time.

I noticed some smoke coming from the rim and the rotisserie holes. Any ideas on how to close off the rotisserie holes and get a tighter fit between the rim?

Pictures will come soon.

Dont sweat the rotis hole, there is not enough air coming in there to cause that sort of swing in temps.

The rim may be your issue, and it may be just as simple as adjusting the front latch to make sure the grill closes tightly. If you can still press down on your lid while its latched, then you should probably tighten the latch.

If there is no movement on the lid while the grill is latched, and you are still getting smoke in some areas, your gasket may be compressed. You can correct it by lightly peeling it away from the top, and putting some RTV silicone between the gasket and the lid to give it a thicker profile and help it seal.

Re: KK Classic #113 Arrived

I noticed some smoke coming from the rim and the rotisserie holes. Any ideas on how to close off the rotisserie holes and get a tighter fit between the rim?

As I told you that was a very early cooker, we've sense discovered that the gaskets compress this could be the problem as well as the need to adjust your front latch. Does that cooker have a double or single gasket? Don't worry with a little futzing we'll make it cook just like my latest greatest. I'll give you a call and walk thru this with you..

;);)

Dennis, Firemonkey

It has 2 gaskets. I adjusted the latch as far as it can go. It did help, but there is a small gap. Please email me or send me a PM with instructions. The time difference may not be conducive to phone calls. Dennis can you also tell me what the two hollow tubes at the end of each side of the grill used for? I just attached photos of my new KK. Thanks .

aV28K0PJ.jpg

PqxOH90.jpg

The hollow tubes on your grill grate are for a hanging meat hook bracket, that is no longer included because nobody really used it.

(Imagine a bell shaped hoop that had a hook hanging down from the center)

As an early build, your lid and dome likely dont seal together with machined precision. I would lift out one of the gaskets, and apply high temp silicone behind it. put the gasket in place on top of the silicone, close the lid until it dries. Then trim away any excess, and that way you will have a good seal.