Firemonkey

Lets hear from people who have used both K and KK

I am wondering what differences you have seen when cooking in a KK. Does it retain heat as well? I saw Dennis' post saying that with less mass, temps could be dropped more quickly. Responsiveness is good, but is it still forgiving enough in an overnight (non-guru) cook? How much cooler does the outside stay when you do a hot cook? Especially around the firebox area...I have a young-un who has come close to learning the hard way once or twice.

Are there any other nuances you have noticed?

I use both and they both have real good points. We use the K3 because it is fast to get up to temp and close to the coals for grilling. We use the kk(7) for roasting, smoking and grilling for large groups like this past weekend. We also take the little k3 camping with us. Dennis says he is going to get in to smaller ones later so just remember you can never have enough toys!

John

If anyone's interested, I have a brand-new cobalt blue K7 (read K, not KK) with gas and side tables for sale, still in the crate. Email me privately if interested. I'm in Ohio, pick up would be easier than shipping, but will consider.

Dennis, I apologize for advertising on your forum, but I don't need the K, and someone out there might. Thanks

Yes, I'll take it definately...it's a K7 right. What are they worth, about $300 and I pick it up.

Just funning with ya, I wouldn't go there again, I have a cobalt bluue K7 for sale also.

We may be stuck, I posted mine on the other site and it was removed, if I were you I'd at least try over there.