TheNakedWhiz

Paella

This past weekend we made paella. I love having the room in the KK 22" OTB cooker. Most recipes seem to be for 14" pans which have handles that make the pan more like 18" across. It's a squeeze in my large BGE, but on the KK, it is so nice to be able to move the pan around as necessary and close the lid without closing it on a handle. Here's my web page on paella, if anyone wants to get into this tasty dish:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm

paella.jpg

Re: Paella

This past weekend we made paella. I love having the room in the KK 22" OTB cooker. Most recipes seem to be for 14" pans which have handles that make the pan more like 18" across. It's a squeeze in my large BGE, but on the KK, it is so nice to be able to move the pan around as necessary and close the lid without closing it on a handle. Here's my web page on paella, if anyone wants to get into this tasty dish:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm

Do you think Paella is best in a steel pan or can you get same results in a stainless still paella pan?

Paella is best thin in the biggest pan you can manage. I own four pans, and only use the largest. My second largest fit with the lid down, handles and all. It took one cook with my largest to convince me to cut off the handles. No question, "open shut" case.

Our favorite is chorizo and olives...

Thanks Dennis...I now remember when you announced that pan, but I can't remember the answer to the question about the pattern on the bottom of the pan. Is it laser cut or just a design in the bottom of the pan. I know it does not make sense that a drip pan would have holes in the bottom of the pan....

I do have the one pictured with the heat deflector seated inside of it. I will PM you

Thanks Dennis...I now remember when you announced that pan, but I can't remember the answer to the question about the pattern on the bottom of the pan. Is it laser cut or just a design in the bottom of the pan. I know it does not make sense that a drip pan would have holes in the bottom of the pan....

I do have the one pictured with the heat deflector seated inside of it. I will PM you

No holes in the pan just a design. I did go back and look at the picture and can see how you may have seen holes.