hOTSAUCE

I'm a happy camper

I've had my KK just over a year now, it's a supreme classic, a slightly older model but an excellent grill just the same. I thought it was time that I posted my experience. You will not find a better company or a more honest man to do business with than Dennis and Komodo Kamado. Dennis answered all my questions before and after the sale, patiently, promptly and honestly; and I had many questions I communicated with Dennis for months before commiting. My KK arrived in fine shape, the only minor problem was a cracked HD, Dennis sent me a new one no questions asked. I wanted an upper grill (this package did not include it), because of a few building/ shipping delays Dennis sent me one gratis! I even got a couple personal phone calls from the man himself and he's a busy fellow. Customer sastifaction is A1.

The KK performs fantastic, it is everything that is said about it on this forum and more. I have done quite a few cooks now, I've done pork butts, ribs, briskets, shoulder roll, chicken, wings and more; it all turned out pretty darn good, mostly because of the KK ability to cook low and slow with smoke in an airtight enviroment thus retaining moisture, it's hard to go wrong. Of course some good fresh home made rubs help.

I did purchase a BBQ GURU and I love it, it takes away the worry of fluctuations during a long cook, like Ron Popeil would say " just set it and forget it". I have to say however that the KK performs fine without the GURU, you can learn to adjust the lower and upper air flow controls and maintain and even temperature; I happen to like gadgets and I certainly like this one.

The KK is beautiful and so far has held up flawlessly. I had the gasket lift a bit but a good high temp adhesive fixed that. I have had no cracking or tiles falling off or any sort off manufacturing problem with it.

I highly recommend the KK, they are a bit pricey but the best usually is. Buying a KK at these prices over the internet, sight unseen from a far away land takes a leap of faith; but I am glad I did. Rest assured that Dennis will stand behind his product, customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to this company. I can sum it all up by saying I am a very happy camper and thank you Dennis for making it available.

Hi Tucker

I Have to go back to Colorado to do that! After July 5 you will see the magnificent Johnyboy cover (enhanced by local Wichita embroiders who put Burkka eyes on it). I will take a photo of it (it's pretty neat and the cover itself is perfect). We bought the Breckenridge house in November 2007 (and we still own another house there) and have spent our time moving in. Sorry we are late with the picturers. We get back there after JUly 5th, 2008.

Zorro