rhino

Top rack anyone?

extended grill...

Before the eggers started making their own extended grills for 2-tier cooking (that's what you're talking about, right?), they would put a couple fire bricks on the main grill, and a smaller grill on the bricks. the pics i've attached come from the following site:

http://www.tm52.com/bge/bbq-page3.htm

This setup is more for a drip pan, but I'm sure you could futz around with it to make it work for double duty cooking!

bbac2.jpg

bbac3.jpg

Must Have!!!

The competitor makes a great upper grill, it is excellent for loading up the K. Dennis do you have one of these or are you planning on making one in the future? It is one of the must haves, as far as I'm concerned, for K cooking and I would suggest it be added to the standard features. If you wish I can send pictures.

As per your request...

I know what your thinking... Nice Rack!

18Upper.jpg

This 18" 304 stainless grill comes complete with a built in brackets and is $64

I'll get you the exact measurement of the bracket legs but I'm guessing about 4" tall

I need to take another shot that shows there are 3 vertical supports in each side of the bracket for stability.

??

Hello! Do you think the top really really needs to be hinged and be able to open? I was just thinking that could save a good bit on expense and time to make. I cannot say that I would ever need the upper rack to be hinged (unless the grill sits way below the lip - I am not sure as I have not really seen a pic).

-=Jasen=-

Re: ??

Do you think the top really really needs to be hinged and be able to open?

I was just thinking that could save a good bit on expense and time to make.

Well actually I designed it to be dual use... Park it on top to be able to cook for another squad or set it down low with the legs on top of the firebox for searing..

So the door was for charcoal access...

Your probably right, it's overkill and not going to be utilized to the point of being worth the expense...

I just had a customer leave town and will be concentrating on Komodo's this next week.. Got to sort out the larger sear grill too..

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.. :wink: