DennisLinkletter

Komodo tile choices..

Come to Bali for a week of R&R

Much better.

May I suggest about 4 pictures with only 2 rows or so per pic. That way the flash would hit them more or less the same. The rows on the sides are under lit and may not faithfully represent.

That would be relevant only if we all had calibrated monitors..

Chances are good that most of us are seeing something just a little different regardless.. nature of the beast. And then if we take white point balance into consideration.. Argh it really gets frustrating. BTW I always shoot with a tripod using the timer and no flash to "attempt" to most accurately represent the different tiles colors..

But shots of the same cookers taken (with no flash) at different times of the day still look a lil' different..

Always best to fly here, pick out your Komodo and then go to Bali for a week of R&R before returning to the real world..

:lol::lol:

Re: Come to Bali for a week of R&R

Much better.

May I suggest about 4 pictures with only 2 rows or so per pic. That way the flash would hit them more or less the same. The rows on the sides are under lit and may not faithfully represent.

That would be relevant only if we all had calibrated monitors..

Chances are good that most of us are seeing something just a little different regardless.. nature of the beast. And then if we take white point balance into consideration.. Argh it really gets frustrating. BTW I always shoot with a tripod using the timer and no flash to "attempt" to most accurately represent the different tiles colors..

But shots of the same cookers taken (with no flash) at different times of the day still look a lil' different..

Always best to fly here, pick out your Komodo and then go to Bali for a week of R&R before returning to the real world..

:lol::lol:

Oh, if only it were that easy. It was like pulling teeth getting the approval on the purchase to begin with !!! :argue:

to be used in house

Heh Heh - That's classic! :lol: Nah' date=' I know how picky Dennis is and I figured the little chip just got past his eagle eye! :D[/quote']

Actually that shot was taken to be used in house so my staff can easily see the tiles codes for ordering/discussion...

But it's doing it's job and a bit more now..

Dennis, if you shot the photos of the cookers in raw format and used a gray card, you could eliminate most of the color difference caused by different lighting at different times of the day. Also some cameras have a custom white balance setting that you can use to shoot a gray card and then apply that white balance setting to other photos you take in JPG.

Oh' date=' Sanny! Don't you know the incredible stimulation and satisfacton to be had when setting up the lighting, tethering your camera to your laptop and shooting product shots? Ooh, it's sending shivers through me just thinking about it, LOL![/quote']

Alas, it's a pleasure that has been denied me all these years. A shame. Think what I've missed! lol

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.