bobvoeh

Thread mismatch on gas burner - line?

I'd like to try pizza on gas to see how it tastes compared to pizza on lump if that makes any sense.

Sorry, makes no sense at all :D I've had pizza from a gas range..... I predict you won't do it a second time. ;)

Bad taste or just didn't cook well?

I'm just rib'n ya, I'm saying I suspect you will get results like you would from the oven (the old metal box in the kitchen). IMO, the magic* of a KK pizza is due to the lump imparted flavor, some even add smoke wood, I haven't yet. I'm afraid to ruin a good thing.

Keep us posted.

*I don't mean to discount the fact that my KK will do temps above what my range will do - and cook it from the top as well.

Yes, I have made pizzas with both charcoal and gas; however, I, like Bob, prefer to not have the charcoal flavor or the ash build up that sometimes goes along with charcoal. I have been using gas for several years now for our Friday pizza night, matter of fact going to have one tonight. Ritual is to come home, pour a cold Black and Tan, light a Gloria Cubana, sit on the porch and cook a pizza on the KK, can't think of a better way to start off a weekend. I also am one of the fools who retrofitted my gas burner. I only open my 0-30 psi regulator about half way and then use the adjustment on the burner to do the rest. Haven't blown anything up yet and I get the temps I need to cook just about anything.