ThreeDJ16

Haxe Anybody?

Well, since I do not have a new KK yet (ahem- cough - cough - Dennis), I had to break out the ole electric rotisserie oven and make my delicious schweinshaxe recipe. While it will be tasty, I am sure it could have been a lot better on a KK rotisserie. Anyone else here ever make it and want to share a recipe? I have been tweaking on my recipe for a while now - it's not prefect, but man the rejects still tasted good. Oh yeah, it is a must that a German beer be consumed during the making of this recipe (sorry - rules are rules). I am enjoying a nice German kolsch style beer as I type. If anybody is interested in my recipe, just let me know.

Oh yeah, just a little FYI. In case anyone was wondering what is going on with my new grill; Dennis is working on some cool new options that should become a reality soon!

-=Jasen=-

Here is a pic of one done on the old K.

DSCN0830.jpg

Crisping the Haxe!

DSCN0831.jpg

Re: recipe

Jasen - I would like the recipe. My wife is from outside Munich, so it would be a nice surprise to use my "toy" to cook something special for her.

Kevin

Sure, no problem. I will post it Tuesday as I am off from work then. I barely have time to breath right now on my schedule on the days I work. I will tell you it is a work in progress. I have taken several internet recipes and picked out the things I thought work and combined them trying to achieve the flavor of the Haxe I have had cooked for me before. I am pretty happy with the recipe, but after you cook it for you wife, if she has any suggestions, please let me know.

-=Jasen=-

Here ya go!

OK, here ya go! http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=559

If something doesn't make sense, just let me know. I forgot about posting it till now and was slightly buzzed posting it - hehe. BTW, please, if your wife has any good recipe, please post them - I love German food. Don't care if they are grilled or not! I am really looking for a good kasekuchen recipe.

-=Jasen=-