PaulR

Leg of Lamb (Bone-in)

Looks great.. Baah!

As you know I'm a big fan of lamb too.. So I'm dying to know why the metal pan? Did you start it on the grill and then cover it for part of the cook?

I've tried foiling brisket in a metal tray with a cup of beef broth to make ajus for sandwich dipping.

And I do have a big leg of baah in the freezer right now..

;);)

Looks good, Paul!

How did you rig your thermometer to hang on the rotis mount? Do you have the rotis bracket installed? Does it get hot on the thermometer when it hangs there?

The guru has some little round "plastic" washers (in front of the butterfly screw) I just hung it of the roti bracket... (will post photos tonight?); no additional heat....

It works fine and is on a nice level to keep an eye on...

Re: Looks great.. Baah!

As you know I'm a big fan of lamb too.. So I'm dying to know why the metal pan? Did you start it on the grill and then cover it for part of the cook?

I've tried foiling brisket in a metal tray with a cup of beef broth to make ajus for sandwich dipping.

And I do have a big leg of baah in the freezer right now..

;);)

Hi Dennis, the pan was mainly to cook the potatoes on..added bonus is that they soak up some of the juices and they were delicious...

Boil the taters for 5 minutes and add pepper/salt/olive oil and place in the same pan as the lamb (same duration as the lamb cooks which in this case was 75 minutes at high temps 340-350).