DennisLinkletter

Swine Triple Header

On my last trip to Bali, I filled my carry on with a great selection of pork and ice.

A boneless butt with skin intact, a rib rack and two racks of babybacks.. a bit thin but still baby backs.

I used apple and really smoked them up for 40 minutes at about 200º dome. I then cranked it up to 280º dome (240ºgrill)

PorkTriple.jpg

The rib rack was pulled first at 142º wrapped and dropped in the cooler.

PorkRibRack.jpg

I brined the butt overnight a bit saltier than usual as I wanted to end up with something ham like for sammies. I painted it with apple cider vinegar and honey at 170º and pulled it at 182º.

HoneyBakedHam.jpg

HoneyHam.jpg

Pulled the ribs when they broke when I bounced them and the meat tore..

Ribs.jpg

Ribs2.jpg

Little time to Shrink them down and put them up..

Legs of lamb...half a pig...are you doing your quarterly cook this weekend or what? :joker:

I actually just had some time to come up for air this weekend.. Shrink them down and put them up..

I've been working on 32 arched doors, molding and flooring for a Komodo customer in FL and it's been very attention intensive. Arches and elliptical molding require lots of thinking.. I'll post some shots of the doors and the jigs we had to make up to make the curved multi lam molding. I actually impressed myself..

:lol: